Unwanted Visitors

"I... what? I... I.... WHAT?" I babbled.

"Well I offered to clean the pool but my dad was all 'no, you need to learn responsabitlity' sohe sent me here instead but I'm kind of glad to be working with you" he was smiling now.

I stared at him for a long while before blurting, "are you bipolar?"

It was literally the only thing I could manage.

"What? No... although I guess I understand why you would ask that.... there is a good chance I might be slightly crazy but then again who isn't?"

I think my mouth had fallen open but I didn't really care. I found myself wondering if Alec was on something...

"Anyways, so about the band... will you join?" Alec said twirling a drumstick between his fingers.

"I-" I didn't know how to answer.

"What are you doing here?" Joeys voice came loudly from behind me. I jumped in the air... I wish I didn't do that.

The smile on Alecs face faltered for a second, "I'm working here now cuz."

"Oh I see. I' sure having you here will be trés effroyable" Joey smiled.

Effroyable... I felt like I knew that word but I couldn't quiet remember its meaning. Although Joey and Alec were both smiling I felt a bit of tension lingering in the air.

"He's right though, you should join the band, you're a great singer" Joey turned to me his smile looking genuine this time.

"It's just... I'm not sure how I feel about getting up in front of everyone and singing" I replied. That was another thing I hated about myself, I had major stage fright. I looked from Alec to Joey. They both looked like they were about ready to get down on their knees and begged.

"Please! We will practise lots before the show and you can invite Sharri and Chris to the rehersal if having them there will help! We're just really desperate and you're amazing.... at, uh, singing that is" Alec pleaded.

I bit my lip," I...it's just...."

I closed my eyes for a second and sighed. I couldn't believe I was about to do this...

"Fi-"

"Hey Joey, Alec and... oh why are you here?" someone asked from behind me.  My heart almost stopped (at least I didn't jump though). I turned and almost groaned when I say Alyssa and the b*tchy bunch standing behind her.

"I work here" I breathed. I was slightly confused because she had just recently had a turn for the nice when she warned me to be careful around the guys but now she seemed to be her old self again. Maybe she had just been jealous that I was becoming so close with the guys.... I sighed before realizing it was out loud (now was not the time to be wondering about this).

"You guys are hiring again? You told me that there weren't any positions open. Then again, you would make up a job just to get close to little miss perfect over here. I know how badly both of you want to snog that girl and win The Challenge" she sneered.

Despite the fact that she had just brought up The Challenge and pretty much everyone in the room had stiffened I couldn't stifle the laugh that suddenly built up inside me, "did you really just say snog? Who are you Harry Potter?"

Everyone stared at me as if I was crazy.

"What it was funny? Okay, okay, pulling myself together now... sorry" I giggled.

Alec shook his head and smiled slightly but Joey just looked at the floor.

"Anyways, I'll leave you three alone to fight over who gets the title of king of all players" Alyssa waved slightly.

After we left a heavy silence set in and suddenly what she'd said didn't seem so funny anymore.

"I have to pee" I exclaimed smartly, and with that, I was out the door.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey! So... Waaatchaaa thiiiink? :D Was it goood bad do you now hate me forever because I'm the worst writer ever? O.o I desperately hope it's not the last one cause that would be a little sad for me :/ Anyways please comment and vote (remember this is being entered in the Wattys!) Well, until next time readers!