Not A Dipwad...?

I snapped myself out of it. What was I thinking? He was Alecs cousin after all... the apple doen't fall far from the family tree. Then again he may be different... I mean, his parents are dead. That does change a person...

"Persy? Persy? Earth to Persy..." Cam waved his hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked brightly.

"Can you grab the other handle on the amp?"

"Oh yeah... sure" Seriously, what the heck was wrong with me?

I grabbed the amp and immediately dropped it.

"Why don't I take that?" Joey laughed. I went slightly red.

"Can you grab that mike instead?" Alec asked.

"Yeah... I think I can handle that."

We headed back to the truck and I settled back down on Cams lap. The car was silent.

"How  about we listen to some music?" Joey said turning on the radio.

The strong beat of a drum set filled the van.

"Hey this is good who is it?" I asked.

"Us" Joey smiled.

"Wait this is Boatyard Bash? You guys are awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah it's our demo and uh, thanks" James blushed.

The next song came on.

"Hey! I know this song! Sharri has it on her i-pod. She's says it was from the Halloween Bash" I said.

"Yeah we opened for the band who played at it" Cam grinned.

Alec just smiled and started singing along. The rest of the guys joined in. I have to admit, they were all absolutely..... tone deaf. They sounded like they were enjoying themselves though so I figured, what the hey? I joined in on the chorus.

"Just jump up, jump up, jump up and live it up... live it up, with me!" I sang.

Alec raised his eyebrows at me and James whistled.

"What? I couldn't have been that bad! Wait... I wasn't that bad, was I?" I asked.

"No you're good... really good actually" Joey replied.

The guys exchanged looks and smiles.

"What?" I asked, "no seriously you guys are freaking me out..."

No one answered. Actually, everyone tried very hard to not even make eye contact.

"Guys I.." I started but my phone buzzed cutting me off. I motioned for Alec to turn the music down. Then, I flipped open my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Persy it's mom"

"Oh hi mom, what's up?"

"I was thinking we could eat out tonight. What do you think?" she asked.

"Oh yeah that'd be great!"

"Okay... can you meet me at The Peg?"

"Oh uh..."

"Great see you in five Honey!"

Then the phone went dead.

"Hey... guys... do you think we could make another quick detour?" I asked slowly.

"Where...?" Alec returned.

"As it turns out I have to be dropped off at The Peg... "

"Oh that's perfect actually because that's where we are playing" Joey grinned.