A Billion Pieces

Hey fans.... I'm back :D

"Should I ask him out? I should ask him out" Chris said.

"Yes, yes you should" I smiled.

"Are you kidding me? I'm too much of a chicken to ask" he sighed.

I laughed and nudged him off the sidewalk. We were headed to school and talking about the week. The band had practiced every night going over and over songs like Two for May and Jump up. Joey had taken me out on three dates already. The first time, he took me to dinner, then an art show, the second time, he took me to a movie and the third time he took me to a picnic on the beach. I thought back to the third date, which had been the best as we fell into silence...

"Okay, open your eyes" Joey whispered, his lips brushing my ear.

"Oh my god, this is beautiful!" I exclaimed as I looked out over the water and sand. The sun was setting over the waves and the beach was almost completely empty. Joey had set out a blanket and a basket of food and was now grabbing a bottle of sparkling juice.

"I was hoping you'd like it" he laughed.

We sat and talked for over an hour before deciding to walk along the shore. He scooped up my hand as we walked, the waves crashing up over our feet and ankles.

"Sometimes, I come here just to think. If it's warm enough, I sometimes even go out and just sit under the water, letting the waves crash over my head" Joey said after a while.

"Do you ever think about... them?" I asked and although I didn't say it, he seemed to immediately know I was talking about his parents.

"Sometimes.... I know that I definitely miss them... a lot."

I rubbed my hand down his arm and leaned into his shoulder. He hadn't been expecting it though and as I leaned further into him he lost his balance and crashed down into the water.

"I'm so sorry!" I gasped.

"It's okay" Joey laughed as he tried to get up.

"Here let me help you" I held out my hand.

"Oh thanks."

Instead of letting me help him up though, Joey pulled me down into the water with him. We then proceeded to have a water fight.

"Pers?" Chris's voice cut through my subconscious.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you going to go into the school or should I just stand here holding the door open all day?"

"Oh... sorry."

***

The school day went by quickly and everyone was buzzing about the concert. I still couldn't believe it was tonight and I hadn't realized how many people liked our band. I had only just gotten used to singing in front of the guys, Chris and Sharri... and the only reason I could do that was cause they were my close friends. The idea of singing in front of a huge crowd made my stomach churn.

By the time final bell rang I was about ready to have a nervous breakdown. I headed outside and was immediately attacked by Chris and Sharri. Chris was the first to break into excited chatter though.

"Okay so I totally chickened out at lunch  but I've decided that I'm going to ask James out at the show instead" he stated.

"Oh! Good for y-" I started.

"No time for that! Persy, you need to come see this!" Sharri demanded.

She started dragging me towards the side of the school. She was pulling on my arm so hard I thought it might pop out of the socket.

"What is so important that you have to drag me to see?" I asked.

As we turned around the corner my question was answered though. There stood Alyssa, kissing some guy.

"So?" I asked but then I stopped as my heart dropped to my feet and shattered into a billion pieces... that guy she was kissing... just happened to be my boyfriend!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys :D Sorry I was gone so long but I'm back now! Listen up... er uh.... read carefully over this next part though cause it's super important...

So there are a bunch of people who were hoping I would write about the first band practice and how it went... I didn't though and for that I'm sorry. What I've decided to do instead, is have you write it. That's right, I want you to write it. There are a few rules though.

1. It must be at least one page long

2. It can't be over 4 pages

3. It has to be from the point of view of anyone but Persy

4. You must include the band singing at least one of the Boatyard Bash Songs that I have mentioned in previous chapters.

When you've finished your entry, inbox me the link to it and I'll check it out. I'll be announcing the winner in a later chapter. So good luck everyone, please remember to vote and comment and I'll catch you all later! Until next time :)