Get To Work

They had been right. The second they pulled the prank, I knew. Of course, it would have been hard to miss. I was sitting in third period when a masculine voice came over the P.A. system saying "Please excuse this interruption." Next thing you know the fire alarm is going off while one of Boatyard Bashes top singles blasted through the P.A. Everyone jumped out of their seats and rushed into the halls... which were plastered with band posters.

"Boatyard Bash is playing their blowout concert next Friday! There will be an autograph setion, band shirts being sold and amazing music. It is a be there or be square school wide event. It's being held at The Peg. Best of all, the band will have a new lead singer that you have got to hear to believe. Thanks to everyone, and that is all!" a voice that sounded just like Alecs announced.

I found myself wondering who the heck their new lead singer was.

"Everyone back to class" my teacher scowled. Nobody was listening though. This was the biggest prank of the year and there was going to be a huge concert next Friday, this was going to be the buzz of the week. I silently thanked Alec... at least it drew peoples attentions away from me even if it was only for a little while.

***

The rest of the day seemed really boring compared to that and by the time the last bell rang I couldn't wait to leave. I noticed that all the posters had been torn down and I wondered how much trouble the guys were in right now. I didn't really get to deep into thought though before I felt a hand settle on my shoulder. I turned to see Joey standing there.

"Want a ride to work?" he grinned.

"For sure" I smiled back. As we walked out to the car I stole a glance at him. He really was beautiful and he honestly seemed so nice compared to all the other guys. I think what really got me every time was thinking about the fact that his parents had died and he'd had to move somewhere where they didn't even speak the same language as him and try to fit in with relatives he barely new. My heart ached slightly for him. Maybe he was the one exception to boy dipwadism.

"Usually we would have to wait for Alec but my uncle came and picked him up from school after he pulled that prank. He is in a lot of trouble and uncle isn't too happy about it. Luckily though he was only suspended for the rest of the day and is instead going to work off the rest of his punsihement in community time or something like that" Joey frowned.

"Oh he has do to community hours? That sucks..." I can honestly say I didn't feel that bad for him though. That's what he got for being an idiot.

***

When we got to the store I had to put on a staff shirt and a name tag. Luckily though the shirt didn't look too bad. Joey put me on shelf duty first meaning I had to go around and restock things while he did sales. A couple of people came in buying things like guitar strings, picks, piano key cleaner (which admitedly I didn't know excisted). It was about halfway through my shift and I was at the back of the store when I heard someone banging on the desk at the front. Joey had gone to the washrrom so I guess I was the one in charge at the moment.

"One second" I called.

The banging immediately stopped, "what the hell?"

I looked up confused. I couldn't see the front of the store though so I set down the box of stuff I'd been holding and started towards the front desk. About halfway there I heard a rustle and then the beat of a drum as if someone had hit by accident. Were we being robbed or something? God I hoped not. I rushed up to the front desk and saw someone sitting at the drums their back to me.

"Umm... you aren't really supposed to touch the drums.." I started.

"I know, I own the place so screw off" the voice grumbled angrily.

"Alec?" I asked startled.

"Yeah what's it to ya" he said turning around. His face went pale when he saw me.

"Look Alec I don't care if you're the king of the world, I was told to not let ANYONE touch the intrunments and I am so not losing my job cause of you... especially since this is only my first day" I huffed.

"Oh my god... Persy I didn't realize it was you I... I'm sorry I was being such a jerk, I'm just really pissed. Although the fact that I now know you work here too does make things a little better" he fumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, didn't you hear? Dad is making me work here to work of the community hours" he sighed.

I stared at him as I processed the information.

"Oh by the way, you know how I announced that we would have a new lead singer at next Fridays concert?" he asked suddenly.

"Yeah..." I was slightly taken aback by his sudden change in mood and topic.

"Well... I kinda lied about that so I was wondering, could you be our new lead singer?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey, so I hope the fact that I just uploaded twice in one night makes up for the fact that I haven't in a while :) Tell me watcha think as always! Anyways I have to go do homework now (oh joy right?) so I'll catch you all later. Until next time readers.