46

Everyday was harder than the one before, at night I found myself at home, alone. It seemed as if the people around me were all leaving, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Casey spent every waking moment with Liam, which I was happy about, but desperately missed my best friend.

Then, there was Harry.

He hadn't contacted me in days, apparently this facade we were putting up was very much real. In fiction writing he barely looked at me, and I was slowly forgetting what his voice sounded like.

So, you must believe that it came to my astonishment when his name lit up the screen of my phone, a picture of him kissing my cheek in the background. That's my favorite photo of us because we look so joyous and happy, at least before everything went to hell.

"Aren't you breaking protocol?" I asked with probably more attitude than I intended, but somehow Harry still managed to laugh.

"Yes I am, but this is serious."

"Shoot," I said as I got off the couch, walking into the kitchen and putting a used plate into the sink.

"Nikolai is having a gallery walk on Saturday, and I have to take you. I know it's not what we wanted, but there's not really any other choice."

"Well, I guess I'll have to go dress shopping. Are you sure he's not trying to set something up?"

"Positive, I think he will just enjoy watching us squirm. I'm coming over by the way." He says, catching me off guard.

"On your way? Right now?" I ask, looking down at the pajamas I've been wearing every night I get home for the past week.

"Yes, in your night clothes I'm guessing?"

He chuckles after I groan, knowing that his assumption is correct.

"Who calls them night clothes?"

"I do, it's the new lingo." I hear the sound of his heels clicking against whatever ground he's walking on, "I'm waiting outside of your apartment so hurry it up."

After hurriedly changing into something decent enough, and Harry impatiently talking from behind the front door, I finally opened it with a barely there smile.

"Women," Harry rolls his eyes, waltzing into the apartment like he never left.

"You can't just-" I begin, but am cut off when he whirls around and plants his chapped lips on my, his tongue back to its old ways as we stood there, enjoying the feeling of being this close again.

"Like I said, women." He smirks, a devishly handsome smirk that could keep me by his side forever.

"I think it may be the perfect place to do it," Harry says.

After he pulls away I find myself wondering what he means by the statement. It sounded so concrete, so certain in a way.

"The perfect time to do what?"

There's only conviction in his eyes as he begins to speak, and I know whatever it is won't end well.

"To kill Nikolai."

-

Harry left shortly after telling me his revelation of murdering a man that could easily do the same to the two of us.

My reaction consisted of mainly silence, I mean, how do you react when your boyfriend tells you he wants to kill his boss?

Sure, you could break up with his crazy sounding ass, but in this case I know just how much Nikolai would deserve dying when the day came.

I just never thought that day would be on Saturday, and Harry the cause of it.

"I don't want to live my life under his control, and this is the only solution."

"Why don't we contact the police? Murdering someone isn't something to be taken lightly."

"No police, ever. If Nikolai goes down for this, then everyone else does too, including myself."

I remember our conversation after I'd snapped out of being silent. We argued over it for a couple minutes after that, both of sticking to our original statements until Harry finally had enough of it and left, reminding me of where I was meant to be on Saturday as he walked out the front door.

It was now the next morning, Thursday. That means in two days Nikolai would no longer be a burden on us all, but I wasn't sure if I could allow Harry to go through with his act of revenge.

And to be honest, I just don't think Harry would be able to complete the malicious act of murder, no matter how much he desired to. Besides the violence of fighting, he is a loving person, someone who could make you laugh as you cried, and comfort you at your darkest moments.

Harry Styles the murderer? No way in hell those words would be printed in the same sentence as a newspaper headline.

These nagging thoughts stayed with me, resulting me having to skip breakfast because of the image that would not leave me.

It was as if my mind wanted me to fear Harry, showing what seemed like a broken record on replay of him with blood covering his face and clothes as he stood over the dead body of Nikolai.

I felt sick to my stomach as I held onto the counter for support knowing that if Harry were to ever go through with this crazy plan of his, I'd never be able to look at him the same way again.

Sure, Nikolai is an absolutely terrible person that has done horrific things, but I can only think of killing someone as an act of someone out of their mind.

Of course it could be self defense, something that I can certainly understand, but an intentional

"I can't believe I actually slept here last night," Casey yawns as she steps out of her room and walks into the kitchen, immediately filling up a mug with fresh coffee.

"Neither can I, it must be about two weeks since you last did." I watch as she puts two sugars and a ridiculous amount of cream in her coffee, the usual.

"Just about, are you feeling alright? You look a bit pale." She asks while leaning against the counter and sipping the caffeinated drink she just made.

"I've been better, how about the baby?"

"Extraordinary, just like his parents."

"His?" I look up in shock, not prepared to find out the sex of the baby just yet. Casey nods with tears in her eyes, and I wait until she puts the mug on the counter to pull her into a tight hug.

"I can't believe I'm going to have a son, Liam nearly fainted when the doctor told us."

"I'm sure he is overjoyed, at least he's not completely freaked out anymore."

"For the most part he is, but I think at times he thinks about it too much and completely breaks down again."

"Like I've said before, once the baby gets here Liam will probably wonder why he freaked out in the first place."

We talk for a bit longer, eventually getting ready for the strenuous classes which will take place today.

Once on campus, time goes by in its slowest form, work barely able to subside my nagging thoughts.

The images of a bloodied Harry won't seem to stop as the day goes by, and I question just how bad it might get if the events planned for Saturday actually take place.

________________

Had so much writers block for the past week, I'm so sorry guys :(

Goal: 415 comments and 1700 votes

What's your favorite song at the moment? I want to get some new music.

By the way, there's only a few more chapters left! Can't believe it's almost over!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Jo x