40

Harry's POV:

I stand at the sight of him, my once mentor, now thought to be the devil himself.

At the beginning I thought he was a good man, helping me achieve dreams I never thought possible, but now I see him as a selfish asshole with a need for all the money and power he can acquire.

Leah let's out a shaky breath, a look in her eyes as if she's debating whether or not to stand as well.

"Every day you ignore my offer will be another day that someone around you is greatly effected, so just consider today the first of many."

His warning echoes through my mind, causing my fists to shake in rage.

"Please sit down for me, boy. After everything we have been through together we only need a casual greeting." Nikolai says while smirking, his slicked black hair reflecting in the light. He wears an all black suit, something that matches what he is like on the inside.

"What do you want?" I spit, not wanting to play anymore of his games.

He sighs after realizing I will remain standing, "I just wanted to come by to make sure you got the welcome home present, and for you to rethink my extremely generous offer."

"What would that offer be?" Leah questions, looking at me expectantly, but of course Nikolai has to answer.

"I've offered him to go pro and keep twenty-five percent of the profits, giving him the best training and life for as long as he can keep the career alive."

"And once I'm too old or crippled to fight, you'll just kill me because the risk of me telling is too high." I walk towards him, "I just want to let you know that I could bring this entire thing down whenever I feel like it."

He simply laughs, "Felix, your presence is needed." With the snap of his fingers a large man enters the room, one of his many bodyguards, I'm sure. "Now, let's be sure not to become too hasty here. I'd hate to have you break a few bones just before a fight," Nikolai threatens, and I gulp down the fear building up inside.

Nikolai may not be the strongest guy physically, but his words can easily be turned into action, and that's what scares me the most.

"You look a bit uptight there, Felix please get that boy some water." He pauses, "would you like some too, Leah?" At that my blood boils, every word that is leaving his mouth is meant to push me closer to the edge, and I'm just about to go over.

"No thank you" she says quietly, timid. Felix nods before walking into the kitchen, leaving the three of us alone.

I watch Nikolai's dark eyes linger over her, "Always such a polite young girl, it would be such a shame for you to go down because of Harry's mistakes, wouldn't it?"

"Fuck you," I finally say. I'm not going to let him go around spewing all of these threats to me, and the girl I love for his own enjoyment. Honestly, it makes me feel sick with how twisted and manipulative he is without a second thought.

His burly guard comes back from the kitchen, handing me a glass full of water. I don't drink it though, just let it drop to the ground and watch as glass and clear liquid go flying across the floor.

"Feeling rather rebellious today, aren't we?" Nikolai laughs, beckoning Felix back to his side. "I'll let you get back to your clean up, but I need an answer by next week Harry. After that people will get hurt, and it will be your own fault. Have a nice day." He nods curtly, Felix following him out the front door of the apartment, and I finally breathe again.

"He's the biggest asshole I've ever met," Leah says, and I nod my head in agreement.

So many thoughts race through my head, but the only one I can focus on is fixing this mess.