15

Casey seemed a bit suspicious when I walked out of my room in all black, asking her to borrow her car for a bit.

"Have fun with whoever you're sneaking out to see." Casey said teasingly, clearly thinking I'm going over to Harry's. Which I am, but for a whole other reason.

I went outside, getting into Casey's car before driving over to the frat house. I could see several lights still on, which I guess shouldn't be a surprise since it's not even eight yet.

I leaned back in my seat, pulling out a twix and taking a bite, savoring the delicious taste as I turned the radio up. After about five minutes I could see none other than Harry walking out of the house and getting into his range rover.

I put the car into drive and began following the vehicle as it glided down the road, taking several turns along the way. I kept one car in between us, reading in many books that it was the best way to follow someone.

My thoughts wandered to what Harry was doing in that range rover.

Was he singing aloud, or humming softly?

Was he thinking about me?

Was he thinking about us?

These thoughts didn't last long though because he pulled to a halt in front of a large warehouse, leaving me no other choice than to continue driving. Eventually I found a driveway, pulling into it and right back out before going back the way I came.

His car remained there, still and calm on the side of the ride.

There was a parking lot though and I wondered,

Why park on the side of the road and not there?

None of it really made sense, and maybe I was overthinking, because I always seemed to do that, but this all just seemed so strange.

Music didn't help my thoughts as I intently watched the warehouse for the young man I've become so infatuated with over the past few weeks.

I frustratedly tapped on the steering wheel, thinking it would help slow the anticipation growing inside.

Anticipation
Anticipatio
Anticipati
Anticipat
Anticipa
Anticip
Antici
Antic
Anti
Ant
Anx
Anxi
Anxie
Anxiet
Anxiety

My emotions battled with one another, an inner war building.

It always seemed to be anxiety, why did I have to be so damn anxious all the time?

They told me I should take medicine, but I wouldn't listen.

They said I should wait a year for college, but I wouldn't listen.

Suddenly anxiety turned to anger and I felt like thrashing against the steering wheel.

That was until I saw him, walking out of the building with a large duffel bag wrapped around his body.

Harry simply threw the large bag into the trunk of his car before getting back into the drivers seat.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when the loud ring of my phone sounded. I immediately brought it to my ear, not caring to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked, keeping my eyes on Harry's unmoving vehicle.

"Hey, this is going to sound dumb, but I wanted to hear your voice." Harry's voice came through the line and I swear I could hear his smile in it as well.

"I didn't know my voice was that special."

"You almost forced me to be cheesy right there, but I've learned to restrain myself." Harry said, making me laugh of course.

"What if I said I liked it when you're cheesy?"

"God, I want to kiss you right now."

"Kissing through phones isn't possible, you know?"

"Well they should really make it possible."

"They really should."

"Something's just come up, I-I've got to go Leah. I'll see you tomorrow."

And just like that the line went dead, and the anxiety returned.

His car began to move soon after, getting back onto a main road and weaving through traffic. Eventually I lost sight of his black range rover, cursing under my breath as I attempted to spot it again.

Eventually I stopped looking, and returned home empty handed.

(Okay, so I really like this chapter. Please vote and comment! Xo)