33

Harry's POV:

"Hello boys, how's it going?" I ask as two of Nikolai's workers walk up, tattoos and piercings covering their exposed skin. To say they were intimidating would be an understatement, but I could easily take them nonetheless.

"Nikolai sent us." One of them says, a metal ring in his eyebrow glistening from the lights above. I almost laugh at his statement, of course I know who sent them.

"I already know that." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. The one who just spoke looks over at the other whom has a tear tattoo on his cheek, so fucking original. I bet these guys were in prison somewhere before getting into this business, the one I so desperately want to get out of.

"You've been missing your fights, and he's not happy." The second one finally speaks, once again stating something I already knew.

"What else is there?" I ask, knowing that Nikolai wouldn't send them here just for that.

"He said you either compete in your fight tonight, or the girl will suffer the consequences." My blood runs cold at his words, Nikolai has gained even more of my hatred just by bringing Leah into this mess.

"Tell him he can consider it done." I say, they both nod before turning on their heels and stalking out of the library. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

This is mental.

"Harry, what's going on?" Leah's hushed voice brings me back to my senses, a shadow of a frown takes over her lips and I wish I could kiss it away.

"Let's get to my car first." I say before walking down the multiple aisle of books I'll never have enough time to read, and out of the library. It takes us a few minutes, but we make it to my black range rover unscathed.

"I fucked up." I say as we lean against the side of the car since the next set of classes start soon anyways.

"Can you elaborate please?" She asks softly, gentle enough so that it's not so demanding.

I let out a frustrated groan, "Last week I had two matches scheduled, but I bailed on both of them. I was tired of fighting so Nikolai could take all the winnings for himself, so I thought if I just stopped then he would forget about me."

"Apparently he hasn't."

"Exactly, and that's not all." I sigh before continuing, "They threatened to hurt you if I don't fight tonight." I say and feel pure anger come over me once again, none of this should even be happening.

Leah stay silent, something I'm not used to accustomed to seeming as she usually makes some sort of response. Right now I can't even think straight, and I honestly need her to say something, anything.

"What are we going to do?" She asks, finally breaking the consuming silence.

"I'm going to fight tonight, and you're going to go back to class."

"I can stay with you, if you want."

"No, just go to class and act like everything's normal," I say. "You should probably come tonight."

"I thought I wasn't putting myself in anymore danger?"

"Nikolai won't try anything in front of a crowd of people. Plus, it's kind of an act of defiance." Just thinking of that man makes my blood run cold, but doing something that will piss him off makes me feel almost giddy.

"I like the sound of that," she says. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you? I can make up all of the work later."

"Yes, I'll pick you up tonight." I lean down, quickly kissing her so she has no time to go against my words, a tendency she's finally beginning to overcome.