49

(Please read the AN at the end of this chapter, it's very important!)

"Run."

Harry's words hit me like a freight train, resulting in my body taking over and turning on it's heel to run the other way.

I remember as a young student learning about the fight or flight instinct, and right now all I could do was fly away and hope that what just happened would not haunt me for the rest of my days.

My feet pounce against the surface of the rooftop as I run towards the door which led us here, swinging it wide open and finding the stairwell already occupied.

A strongly built man wearing a suit and sporting a bald head walks swiftly up the stairs, head down as I notice a pistol in his right hand. Before I can even produce a sound of shock, Harry is there, eyes wide as he sees the same source of danger coming our way. He looks to me before yelling an insult and kicking the man in his jaw, our angle giving him the advantage.

Whoever this guy was, he didn't seem quite fazed by it as he pointed his pistol directly at Harry who was already going to give him another blow to the face. The man stumbled down a few steps, and I stepped against the railing in fear as they began to fight one another.

Harry turned the man's arm in an extremely painful way, a loud snap resulting in the pistol being dropped to the ground, and watched as it fell to the bottom of the stairwell.

The two men began to scrap at each other, both getting their fair share of hits at one another. All of us were now off the stairs luckily, making everything less dangerous in a way, but even more in others.

It seemed as if the deadly weapon lying on the floor had been forgotten, and I took this opportunity to scoop it up, the shape and weight of it feeling foreign in my palm.

"Stop!" I scream loud enough for their fighting to come to an abrupt halt. "Just stop and no one will get hurt past the point of fixing." I shakily raise the gun at the nameless man whom seems to be pretty badly beaten, worse than Harry to say the least.

Harry's mouth has fresh blood dripping from the corners, but he still manages to smirk at me, "that's my girl."

I keep my eyes on our attacker as Harry takes strides towards me, finally relieving me from the heaviness of holding the gun.

"We're going down this elevator, and you're not going to try anything, alright?" Harry says to the man who nods, a glimmer of hatred in his eyes.

We slowly walk around him, Harry seeming to think ahead as he swiftly hits the male on his temple, resulting in him falling to the ground unconscious.

As soon as we are both finally inside the elevator, glass doors sliding shut, Harry begins to curse rapidly.

He crouches to the ground, putting his head in his hands as we drop several floors. The strongest man I've ever met is breaking down before my eyes, and it breaks my heart into a million pieces.

"I can't believe I fucking killed him," he whispers. "I know I said I wanted to, but never would I truly want to end someone's life." He takes a shaky breath, "life is too precious for someone to take it away."

Not knowing what else to do, I crouch down besides him, "it is too precious, but there's no such thing as a rewind or redo button in life for us to press." I move my hand to his back, rubbing circles there in an attempt to soothe him. "We're going to get out of here and figure this all out, okay?"

"Okay." He says before standing up, myself following suit just as the elevator dings and doors open, revealing an even bigger crowd than earlier walking around the art gallery.