32

Harry's smile appears in front of me, his lips tugging upwards in the most sinister way. He's wearing all black, blending in with our surroundings. "I could never love you." He says with a laugh, one that sends chills down my spine.

"What are you talking about?" I ask shakily. My entire body feels numb, as if I'm paralyzed by some invisible force.

That's when I notice it, a gun placed in his right hand as he continues to smile at me. This all feels so wrong, it shouldn't be this way. The laughter continues to fill my head, as if it's coming from everywhere around me. I fall to my knees, the sound becoming too overwhelming.

I yelp in pain when something hits me over the head, only to realize it was the end of Harry's gun. He chuckles as I lay on the ground, blood most likely coming from the spot on my head where there was trauma. I begin to sob as he kicks me in the side, a loud snap ringing through my ears.

As he begins to lean down I notice that his eyes are darker than normal, close to black even. This isn't Harry, it can't be. This isn't the man whom kisses me for no reason, or laughs whenever my cheeks flush unintentionally. This isn't him.

He lets out a disappointed sound, "I should've forced you to fuck me when I had the chance."

"Please don't do this." I beg, tears wetting my cheeks as the fall, this is it.

"Goodbye." Harry raises the gun, and points it at me before pulling the trigger.

-

I wake to my hair stuck to my forehead, damp with sweat. It was just a dream. More like a nightmare, but just a dream.

My alarm is loudly going off on the nightstand, reaching over, I shut it off and get out of bed. This day couldn't have gotten off with a worse start.

I think about taking a shower, but decide against it. There's not much time to get ready seeming as I overslept my alarm for a few minutes. Casey is in the kitchen, slowing eating oatmeal while scrolling through her phone, "You're up later than usual." She remarks, looking up momentarily.

"I am, thanks for noticing." I say sarcastically, waiting for her to react.

"This vibe I'm getting from you right now is not positive, now go eat your oatmeal." She orders, and once again sounds just like my mother.

"You're always such a good parent to me." I say while picking up the bowl she already made for me.

"It's the least I can do." She smiles before walking out of the kitchen and in the direction of her bedroom, hopefully getting ready since she's still in her Union Jack onesie pajamas. The outfit looks ridiculous on her, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I finish up the bowl of oatmeal, rinsing it out before returning to my bedroom. I quickly throw on a pair of blue jeans and purple sweatshirt. Today I'm not in the mood to try and dress up, there's just no way.

After doing everything else to get ready, Casey and I finally leave the apartment. We arrive on campus about five minutes before class, the latest we've ever been. I walk briskly to the lecture hall, not wanting to get there once Baldwin is already teaching, if he even shows.

Upon entering, I notice Harry with his feet up on his desk, looking relaxed as ever. It's as if my eyes are trained to notice him whenever we're in the same room, something that I'll never get used to.

He smiles at me as I walk across the aisle, pulling out the chair besides him just enough for me to sit in it.

"Let's skip class, we could make out in my car," he grins. "A lot."

I laugh at him, "And miss Baldwin's annual ten minute lecture? Never."

He pouts, "Come on, babe. Niall could text me the assignment and everything."

"Let's go before he gets here then." I say. Harry quickly stands up, pulling me up with him. We both rush down the stairs, making it into the large hall with Baldwin nowhere in sight. Harry takes my hand, lacing his finger with my own.

We pass a few stragglers as Harry practically pulls me through different hallways before reaching none other than the library. "I thought we were going to you car?" I ask, but really either would be fine. I just need to feel his lips on mine.

He turns his head slightly, "The adrenaline of making out at a library is like none other, just saying." He says just loud enough for me to hear, speaking in a hushed tone as we walk through a set of large wooden doors.

Aisles upon aisles of books are set out in front of us, but Harry goes straight to the information section, just like I knew he would.

I remember the first time he brought me here, how thrilling it was. Just the thought is daring in itself.

Harry leans me against the shelf, moving both of my hands to my sides, "Do you remember when we first spoke to each other and I said you had soft hands?" He asks with a laugh, cheeks turning a light pink with embarrassment.

"Do you really want to bring that back up?"

"No, I just didn't want to make you feel like I'm just here to have a make out session with you."

"But you are." I point out, and we both laugh, his sounding so much more beautiful than my own.

"Alright, let's just shut up and kiss, yeah?" He says with a silly grin before leaning down, and slowly pressing his lips to mine in such a passionate way that my knees almost give out. Just the contact of our skin makes me come alive, something that only he can make happen. Harry moves his hands to my hips, pushing us closer together. He pulls away momentarily, catching his breath.

He doesn't stay away long though, pressing lingering kisses down my jaw before finally making his way back up and placing them on my lips instead. Our mouthes move in sync, something we'd mastered over the past two months.

Harry pulled away once again, our foreheads still touching, "God, you're so beautiful." He whispered. I took the opportunity to kiss him gently, a stark comparison to a moment ago. "Let's go to my car." Harry said, guiding me back out of the aisle before stopping so abruptly that my face smacked into his back.

"What is it?" I asked, putting a hand to my nose which began to throb.

"Nikolai's men, they're here for some reason." He said nervously. I peered around him, finding the main librarian pointing two burly men in our direction. Harry turned around, an emotion in his eyes that I'd never seen in him before. Fear.

"Maybe they're not here for you?" I suggested, there surely has to be more people that work for Nikolai rather than just Harry.

"They're definitely here for me." He said quietly, as if thinking of something.

His head snapped up when their steps were loud enough for the both of us to hear, "You need to go and hide, right now."

(Cliff hanger, oops. So right now my update schedule is every other day, if I update two days in a row then that's a miracle in itself seeming as I have spring sports at the moment!

Don't be a ghost reader... Vote and comment!)