Inside the Forest

Yuvell's Pov

I have been wandering around the forest for almost half an hour and still nothing. I sure hope I didn't leave the mansion for nothing. I gaze up at the sky and see the large and bright moon get covered by clouds and thanks to that, the forest is getting darker. I turn around and sit down against the trunk of a tree. I take a look around and see nothing but tall trees. I let out a sigh and pull my hood down to run my hand through my hair.

Shit man! I can't even tell which direction leads to the mansion. I wish Alex was here... and if he were human he'd most likely kick my ass. Once again damn me and my horrible sense of direction.

I bend over and place my head in my hands.

Honestly what did I even hope on doing once I found those pairs of eyes. Give them a staring contest?!

*sigh* They better give me a sign or start showing up cause damn as hell I'm going to break my back looking for them until sun rise. Ain't nobody got time for that!

*Hoot* ( Wow, that's a lot of sighs.)

I tilt my head up a little and see an owl perched on a branch staring at me with its big round eyes.

"Yeah.... just a little frustrated is all."  I said rubbing my neck and sitting up straight.

*Hoot* ( Oh that's a shame.)

"Oh wait! Do you know anybody who has blue or golden eyes?"

*Hoot* ( Well I've never seen someone who has a blue and golden eye but-)

"No, not together but two separate pairs." I said quickly shaking my head and looking up at the owl with hopeful eyes.

*Hoot* ( Oh, well I have actually. They-)

"Yuvell?"

Right at the voice, the owl jumps and flies off.

"Oh wait! No don't go!!" I yelled and reached out to the owl, but it was too late. That little guy was gone.

Dang it!!

I push myself off the ground and angrily search for the one who ruined my chances of finding the duo. Just when I was about to yell out to them, I hear the voice again.

"Yuvell!"

I turn to the direction of the voice and see a figure running to me. With the dark it's hard to identify them, but I squint my eyes to try to get a better look.

Wait a minute....... Akira??

Before I could confirm my suspicions, he tackles me to the floor and squeezes me like there's no tomorrow. He hugs my waist with his head on my stomach. I push myself off the ground a little with my elbows to get a better look at him. He clothes had some rips in them due to random sharp branches I'm guessing along with some dirt patches here and there. 

"Akira? What are you doing here?"

"I followed you after you left. Don't do that again, please.... You  really had me worried when you took off all of a sudden."  Akira said taking his arms off of me.

"You... really followed me to see if I was alright?" I ask taken aback.

"Well of course. Friends worry about friends." He said giving me a small smile. Akira stands up and sticks his hand out to me. I smile back and happily accept his hand.