Cupcake Brawl

Ayato's Pov

"Argh, my head hurts.... damn." I groaned slowly getting up.

Hmmm... I recall having a dreadful nightmare about that woman, but for some reason, it suddenly stopped right in the middle.

"Tch, she's dead. Why the hell am I thinking about her now?"

I shook my head in frustration as I gripped the soft covers of my bed.... covers?

That's weird, I don't remember sleeping with the blankets.

I thought before reluctantly getting out of bed to put on some clothes. Soon after doing so, a sweet smell waved across my nose. It doesn't smell as sweet as blood, but it does come to a close second. I began to make my way towards the kitchen wondering what's cooking when all of a sudden, I came across a strange sight.

Standing behind the kitchen doors hid Reiji, Kanato, and Subaru.

"Awwww com'mon Reiji. Why do we have to hide? Can't I just sneak a bite? I'm sure they won't mind."

"Not yet Kanato." Reiji said as he pushed his glasses back up looking past the cracked doors.

"I don't see the big deal on why we have to be kept a secret Reiji. They're just making cupcakes. There's nothing wrong with that." Subaru said crossing his arms.

"What's going on?" I said walking towards them.

"Nothing much. The girls are baking cupcakes, but for some reason this stick in the mud won't let us through." Subaru said while leaning against the frame. Reiji glares at Subaru for his comment.

"Why won't you let us through? They're just baking."

"You wouldn't understand."

I raise an eyebrow as I step closer to Reiji.

"What are you hiding Reiji?"

Reiji turns his attention back to me as we both hold our glare. Kanato grumbles in place as he peeks past the double doors leading to the kitchen.

"Auuughh... how much longer?"

Noticing a movement from the corner of her eye, Yuvell turns to the double doors and sees Kanato behind impatiently jump up and down, dying to sink his fangs into the delectable treats.

"Hey Kanato! You want to lick some of the cupcake batter from this spoon?"

"Yes!!!" Kanato yells in excitement as he burst through the doors and makes a dash towards batter. Yuvell hands him the spoon and Kanato happily licks the sweet batter. Reiji sighs in disappointment as Yuvell looks back over to us since the doors are wide open.

"Hi guys. We're baking cupcakes right now. Want to join us?"

Subaru and I simply shrug and walk over. Reiji looked slightly upset, but complied nevertheless. Yuvell sees Subaru and starts becoming nervous and blushes for no reason.

"Sorry about earlier. I... Um.... should have knocked."

"It's already done. Let's just forget about that."

Looking closer, Subaru is also trying to hide his blush.

What the hell happened earlier?