53 - Thrill

Hi all! Sorry I'm not writing about Jerry right now, I just felt that he'd kind of over stayed his visit *Jerry 'MURRS' in indignation off in the distance* at the beginning of my chapters, and I mostly wanted to just focus on the chapters themselves! Thanks again for reading :)

Chapter 53:

"Fuck fuck fuck fuccckkkkk..."

Yep. That's me, just swearing under my breath as I bolt to my locker. The swearing isn't necessarily anything to consider too strange, but the reason why I'm swearing? Well it fucking sucks.

Flora PugFace Harkin has been out to fucking get me ALL FUCKING WEEK.

I dart in between a group of gymnastics girls and soccer guys, then speed to a little troupe of gamers with their eyes glued to their DS screens. Peering past one kid's shoulder I survey the area, searching for any possible signs of PugFace. She'd taken to patrolling down the hallways in between classes, but so far doesn't seem to know where my locker is as of yet. I like keeping it that way too, so with agility that can rival a drunken kangaroo's, I launch myself to the next cluster of students, unceremoniously knocking into some girl who turns to glower and then just blink in shock as I speed away from her.

Not in the mood Princess, not in the mood. I think as I wheeze my way to my locker, now out of breath from all of my acrobatics (I'm about as athletic as a hedgehog so bear with me). With practiced speed I change out my books and folders. As mentioned before, Flora hasn't discovered where my locker is, and that's mostly because I don't spend enough time here (or anywhere outside of a classroom) for her to find me, usually.

I now begin booking it down the hall, alert as a deer during hunting season, my heart hammering in my chest. It all started Monday, of course, and it's now Thursday.

Monday was the day she LET THE FUCKING AIR OUT OF ONE OF MY TIRES like a MANIAC so I could be trapped (Legit serial killer potential right there)!! She chased me with her car (then on foot after I managed to goad her out), but I escaped with the help of my friend Simon. We met Abel back at the parking lot (that hot smexy animal who FLIRTS WITH ME AND i DON'T KNOW WHY), and after that I went home. I told my parents that I had some friends help me change my tire - dad gave me this look and I refused to answer who changed the tire and that honestly only made him grin at me more because he's a fucking weirdo - and then my dad changed the donut out with an extra he has in the garage. I called Scarlett to fill her in on what had happened (she gushed continually over how sweet it was that Simon helped me, and then would not let me live down how bad Abel apparently was flirting with me (gahhhh!). Also she insisted I tell my parents about Flora, but I still refused). After a few hours of talking with Scarlett, I ate supper, did a little homework, and went to bed.

Tuesday I nearly died.

Scared as I was, I was stupid enough to show up at school around the same time and park in a similar area. That comes into play later. But Tuesday morning, as I was walking to the bathroom, guess who came thundering down the hallway at me like an off-road semi-truck? You fucking guessed it! PugFace Flora Harkin. I still don't know how she found me so quickly, but I'm thinking it was the pale yellow polo I was wearing. The bright color made me easy to spot. I legitimately almost shit my pants at the sight and sound of her, and I only escaped because I ran straight to my classroom and the safety of my teacher. Later, in the cafeteria, she waited outside one of the main exits and flew at me screeching, almost taking out Scarlett and Farida in her attempt. Again, I went sprinting, that time loosing her in the after lunch rush. At the end of the day I was jumpy as all fuck, and she managed to chase me, again, all the way out to my van. The only reason she didn't catch me is because she's slower since she rolled her ankle, and because some big white pick up driving through the lanes managed to cut her off from me as I made the last mad dash to my van. I put the pedal down the entire way home.