32 - A$$

Another update?! So soon?! (for me anyways hahaha....)

Yes :)))

I just got a huge boost of ideas and I just can't help myself! Like always, please enjoy and vote, comment and ENJOYYY!! :D Also, feel free to drool over the picture at right. I do. ;)

And, I've never noticed this before, and I SUPPOSE that this shouldn't bother me...but I often glimpse to the right and see a crap-ton of reads! And I'm always like 'YES!' *punch my fist in the air and start crying tears of joy* And then I look at the votes and I'm like 'aha!' because its so much less than the reads... (comments wise, you guys are awesome. no worries on that one ;p) Now I won't be cruel and ask for a certain amount of votes for another chapter, but I just wonder... could you guys just click that little button over there? :)) It's oh so simple... And obviously a lot of you must like my story to get so many reads...so please click the vote button? :)

Happy reading! :D

Chapter 32

Its lunch, and I'm slowly chewing the piece of burger I've managed to rip off. As I chew, I can't help but feel awkward.

Why am I feeling awkward at lunch today?

Well, it isn't just Scarlett and I at the table anymore.

Scarlett decided to drag her other friends over to my table, and now there  are five of us seated here. They're the three friends that Scarlett had had me sit by during the football game. Farida Sharma, Quenby Fischer, and Ashleigh Wool.

Farida - who has just recently gotten a haircut and I must say pulls it off like a boss - seemed to be the only one interested in sitting with us. She marched right up to the table with Scarlett and plopped down right next to me, with a friendly 'Hey Clarisse!'. I was so shocked I couldn't exactly convey how pleased I was to have her here, but I did manage a 'hello'.

Quenby had followed right behind Scarlett, looking like a towering, She-Viking with her powerful face, deep blonde hair and fierce blue eyes. She's difficult to read, and though she talks to me without any problems, I can't help but think she has some kind of dislike of me.

Ashleigh looked puny walking beside Quenby, and frankly reminded me of a terrified Chihuahua because her big eyes are about bugging out of her skull and she's practically shaking. I don't know why she's so scared of me. She hides her little face behind her white-blonde hair whenever I look at her, and doesn't speak to me.

My awkward feeling has been disappearing though, because Scarlett and Farida are fun to be around. And Quenby can still crack a good joke now and then. I swallow my bit of burger. I'd forgotten what it was like to be at a full table.

"...oh Quenby, where's that schedule?" Farida suddenly asks.

Quenby digs in her bag for a second and then hands it across the table to Farida, who takes hold of it eagerly. "Ohh! A tournament this weekend. That'll be fun."

"Tournament for what?" I ask.

Farida and Scarlett both gave me a somewhat surprised look, and I saw one of Quenby's blonde eyebrows twitch while her jaw tightened. Have I asked something wrong? Said something bad? I blinked around the table, utterly bewildered.

Farida coughed out a laugh and said, "Volleyball...you didn't know Quenby and Ashleigh play volleyball?"

Scarlett laughed and gave me a smile. "No, Clarisse wouldn't." She looked over at Quenby (who is still bristling) and Ashleigh (who had actually peeked out from her hair for this). "Don't take it personally guys, Clarisse doesn't know anything..." I scowled at her and she laughed again. "...at least nothing about sports or people or gossip."