Millie

Hello!

My name is Millie Marowski!

My parents were both wizards and had met each other at Hogwarts and a few years after they graduated they got married.

My Father was a Gryffindor and my mother a Hufflepuff.

Now that that brief history of my parents is out of the way, let's get on with my story.

It was the morning of my eleventh birthday as my family and I were sitting down to my birthday breakfast (which consisted of pancakes and, for a special treat, cookies) when we heard a letter shoot thru the mail slot.

"That's odd," Dad said as he unfolded his napkin "The mail usually doesn't come this early in the morning. Birthday girl, would you mind getting it?"

"Sure, dad," I said leaping from my seat and dashing down the hall best I could with my extremely fuzzy yellow socks.

I picked it up and as I walked to the dining room going a little slower so that I could focus on looking at the mail instead of not falling over. I pulled out one letter that looked perfectly interesting and found it was addressed to me. I turned it around and looked at the seal that I recognized instantly. It was a brown letter with green ink addressed to Miss M. Marowski, the seal was purple and wax with a symbol that had a lion, a snake, a raven, and a badger.

I stared at it for a few moments then dropped all the mail but my letter and charged into the dining room screaming with joy and waving the letter in the air.

Mom dropped the cup she was filling with pumpkin juice that then fell and bounced off the table, smashing and making pumpkin juice go everywhere. She demanded "What?! What is it?".

"It's here!" I yelled, "It's finally here!"

"Calm down and tell us what is here," my mature one-year-older than me sister Ashe (she's a Slytherin) ordered.

"My acceptance letter to Hogwarts!" I said, pulling her out of her chair and twirled with her.

"Congratulations, Millie!" Mom said, giving me a hug once I let my Ashe stumble back to her chair.

"Sit down and open it!" Dad laughed.

I sat down and as I opened the letter everyone gathered around me and my cat, a Maine Coon named Sylvia, rubbed my legs and purred as I read:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmaster: Minerva McGonagall

Dear Miss Marowski,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

We all sat breathlessly at the table for a second or two the exploded out of our seats and danced around the kitchen until we had to stop abruptly because I had slipped (my yellow socks were the culprit) while trying to spin and hit my head, cutting it, but I still smiled big as the Cheshire cat's smile.

A/n: It has been... three years(?) since I've written this so sorry it's kinda rough. I just went back and tried to edit it a bit. Now that I'm older I'm better at writing.