Chapter 6

Saturday afternoon. I said goodbye to the girls when their parents pick them up. I'm going to miss them.

   " Hey mom?" I asked my mom. "Yes dear?" Mom responded. " How come we didn't leave Friday night?" I was curious to her respond.

   " Because I told them that our plain got reschedule for today at 8pm. That gives us a lot of time to pack some things. The rest is going to be shipped over there. I asked  your father to pack the rest for us and he agreed."

   Ever since my father and mother separated they talk like they are the best of friends, when they were together they always fought over the littlest things, until they had enough of it.

   "Oooh okay." I went upstairs to my room to go pick up my things that was on the floor, because of the party.

   I had a  flashback about the party and when Mark showed up at my door. He was dressed with blue slim Jeans with a white t-shirt. I can't get him out if my head.

   When I was picking up my clothes from the floor, I found the shorts that Mark gave to me, it is then that I remember that he didn't give me my favorite Jeans back.

   I got dessed "I'll be right back." I told my mom. I walk to his house with his shorts on my hand.

   When I got there I notice he was alone, because his mom's car is not on the driveway.

   I knocked on the door, feeling a little nervous. I hear marks voice, not clear, but I can make our what he said. "Coming!" He said then opened the door.

   He was shirtless, it was the first time seeing him like this. His six pack was so notable, his body was shining from the sunlight. He had his black shorts on.

   "Hey" I said awkwardly shy. " Hey...how you been?" He looks pretty sad. "I just came to return your shorts." I realized I forgot to answer his question, but it was too late.

   "Oh...Come inside, I'll go get you're Jeans." I handed him his shorts. "Okay." I said walking inside his house. It had a lavender smell.

   I went up to his room and then handed me my Jeans. It was silent for a good while. Until he broke the silence. "I still like you Riley... I can't stop thinking about you. You're in my mind every day...I never tips you this before and I should have when I had the chance....I have had a crush on you since freshman year and till this day I had you, but then I fucked things up."

   I blushed a little when he said he had a crush on me since freshman year. " it's to late I'm moving tonight and you messed it all up when you did what you did with Jennifer."

   I feel the unshead tears about to run down my face. "Fuck! I hate myself! How can I hurt you this bad? I'm so stupid, now it's to late to get you back... I don't know how I can live with myself for cheating on you. The guy I like a lot." When I heard him say 'cheating on you' it answered my question if we were dating.

   " I'm sorry Mark...but..you broke my heart..the one that liked you a lot...and I expected better from you...and I was wrong.." He was leaning in to kiss me, but I put my hand on his chest. His chest was so soft and firm. " I'm sorry... I have to go Mar-" he interrupted me.

   "Please...let me have one last kiss before you go Riley." I hesitated and leaned in to kiss him. He grabs me by the waist and brings me closer and kisses me with love and passion.

   I was having second thoughts if I should forgive him and get back with him, but I stayed silent.

   We said our goodbyes and I was on my way home.

   When I arrived my stuff was packed and ready to go. I can't believe I'm actually moving to New York. I'm going to miss North Hollywood and especially my home town. And I also can't belive everything I was hoping for happen to happen, but then went down the drain in a heart beat.

   " Honey go pick up the suit cases from my room please. I'm going to call you're father to give us a rise to the airport." I hardly see my father, only on the weekends when he doesn't work. We get along, Burr don't talk like my mother and I do.

   He is always busy at work or with his new family. It doesn't bug me that my parents are divorced and are moving on like some other kiss do.

   My faster arrived about 6 o'clock to pack our things in the car and drives up to the airport. " Well I guess this is goodbye to California." I said to myself out loud.

   " I'm going to miss you daddy!" Cried Hailey. "Me to dad." I said watching them hug. He let's go of her and walks up to me and hugs me next.

   After we said our goodbyes, we went on the plane and were on our way to new York.