get ya money

Omniscient POV: August was doing sound check, preparing for a show tonight in Houston, Texas. The beat to get ya money dropped and he couldn’t help but think about who this song was intended for. It was no secret that August had a love for strippers and respected there hustle so this song was a dedication to them but, also to one in particular…. Janelle.

They don’t ever see you like I do

First thing when you wake up, before you put on your make up

And they don’t really know you like I do

Cause me and you ain’t the same, you ain’t gotta

Run no game

Girl cause what you do and what I do ain’t different

We both on a mission, I love your ambition

And I know how it is too hit the block and get the

Gwop

And you know what it is to hit the stage and make it pop

Like damn I hope somebody spend some money

Today

And I pray nobody try to come and take it away

As august sung these lyrics, the flashback of the night at Magic reappeared in his mind.

August POV: My niggas and I were in Atlanta for the night so, it was only right to hit up the strip club. We walked into Magic and it was turnt as always. As soon as I sat down, I ordered 5 shots of peach ciroc and took them to the head. The Dj started to say some shit about the next dancer coming to the stage but I was little out of it seeing how I also had a couple glasses of Hennessy. The spotlight shined on the pole in the middle of the stage as a girl who was 5’4 but stood 5’8 with heels on. She was a mocha skin complexion with straight black hair since her back was towards the crowd, I could only see the silhouette of her body but Shawty was shaped like a dolla’ sign. As she grinded and did tricks she finally turned around and I was able to see her face it was Janelle. She was a single mother in college, who worked hard for them dollars. We both had something in common, making money with these ballers. I just loved seeing her back bend niggas was cashing out and she was cashing in. I’ve known Janelle my whole life and I always imagined her getting out of Atlanta and making something out of herself. She has so much potential but I understand how hard life could be when income is uncertain, she was just hustling trying to make a way. Shaking myself out of my thoughts I realized her dance was coming to an end. For the first time tonight, we made eye contact and I could see the embarrassment in her eyes as she fled the stage.

END OF FLASHBACK

“August! 5 more minutes until you perform.” Crystal my manger spoke before rushing out the room.

I fixed my microphone as I prepared to go on stage and give it my all. I just wanted Janelle to know that I wasn't judging her, and to go and get her money.

-Rvrejewel