The reunion - good or bad? 16.

"Salute!" The new soldiers were all gathered infront of the stables where horses heads were reaching out of the gates. "I'm squad leader Ness" He had a few lines of a beard and a white towel like hat ontop of his black hair. "And this is my favourite horse, Shallot." He stroked the brown horses nose. "She likes chewing hair so watch out if you don't want to go bald! Nice to meet you. W-wait!!" The horse began chewing on his cap to show that he had no hair on the top. "Stop it shallot!" He twisted the cap back in place.

Training the next day mostly consisted of formations that captain Erwin devised rather than field training. Unfortunately, Erens position on the map was no where to be seen.

"You recruits will be here." Ness had a stick in his hand and pointed at a place on the diagram. "Between the wagon escort and the scout support squad, " he started. I held the pencil in my hand and began scribbling my notes down, Armin and Mikasa doing the same. I looked up and continued to listen ", you'll be moving with the spare horses, and relaying communications. We of the special operations squad will be here in the centre of the rear, on standby-"

I struck my hand up. "Yes...?"

"Eliza."

"Ah yes. What is it, Eliza?"

I breathed in. "Do you know if Eren Jaeger is in that special operations squad?" Armin and Mikasa looked at me then back at ness.

"Yes. He will be amongst Levi and his team."

I gasped silently. "Is it possible for anyone else to joint their team before the expedition?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I will have to contact Commander Erwin." Then he peered at me. "Why?"

"I-I was just wondering." I laid back and hunched my shoulders. "Can I speak to Erwin myself? I'm in need of talking to him anyway."

"Sure."

"O-Okay."

"Well, that will be it for today folks. Your training will start tomorrow so get some rest today."

I walked along the corridor in my uniform, my arms swinging back and forth as thoughts came into my head.

Would Erwin even remember me?? Or should I say father???

I continued walking, my head bowed so it faced the floor as I continued questioning. Then my shoulder bumped into something, knocking my feet out so I lost control and tumbled onto the floor onto my backside. "Nigh..." I felt my head, the side hurting.

"Are you okay????!!" I heard a voice say. It was soft and high, a voice I have not head of before. She bent down for me to realise that she had shoulder length ginger hair with big orange eyes, and she had a worried face. "I'm so sorry. I should be more careful!"

"No, no it's my fault. I was looking down at the time because I had thoughts whirling in my head. Sorry." I tried to pick myself up.

"Let me help." She grabbed under my shoulder and pulled me up. "I hope you wasn't hurt. "

"Nah, I'm okay." I snapped my jaw in place and bristled up my jacket. "Oh, well seeing as you are here, do you know where Commander Erwin is at this moment? I need to talk to him about something."

"Oh! Well he will be in his office, looking at reports because it's a Thursday. "

"Can I have the directions to his office?"