Encounter Mankind ~8

Me and Mikasa stood solemly on a clock tower, our green emerald cloak sweaving behind us in the wind as we stared around us. Rain continued to fall, the ground becoming damp and teh atmosphere becoming cold. Our hands shivered and legs wobbled, our facial expressions showing our worried feelings.

"They should've heard the bells that signalled for retreat... Why aren't they climbing the wall yet?" Mikasa wondered worriedly, noticing some trainees sitting on a roof beside us.

"L-Look..." My pupils shivered and my voice was quiet and high pitched as I pointed at the walls, where titans were crawling and roming on it, destroying and trespassing the area.

Me and Mikasa began to run over to annie.

"Mikasa! What are they doing here?" Someone whispered

"Eliza! Aren't you with the rear guard?"Another voice shouted among the crowds of people.

"Annie!" Mikasa shouted towards Annie. "I think we understand the situation. And I apolagize for bothering you, but have you seen Eren's unit?"

Annie, Bertholdt, Reiner and Marco stared at us. "No, and I haven't seen anyone climb the wall either."

"Armin's over there, though." Reiner pointed at someone who was hugging their knees with blonde hair - armin...

"Armin!" We chorused.

He looked up, his diamond blue eyes shaking and wrinkles surrounded his sorrowful frown. He clenched his fists. We began running over to him, our slender legs moving us forwards.

"Are you okay, Armin?" I asked slowly, going onto my knees as I tucked my hands in my lap.

"Are you hurt, Armin?" Mikasa asked, bending low to look at him properly. "Feeling good?"

Armin had shadows over his eyes.

"Where's Eren?" Mikasa stood up and craned her neck to the side.

A tear slowly dropped down Armin's cheek as his grit his teeth together, sobbing.

"Armin?" I asked again.

He looked up swiftly, his lingering eyes showing fear as tears continued to pour down as his blonde hair shaked in the wind. "Our unit....The 34th cadet unit...Thomas Wagner. Nic Tius. Mylius Zeramuski. Mina Carolina. Eren Jaegar."

The name startled us, as shadows loomed Mikasa's eyes.

"All five of them have fulfilled their duty. And died heroic deaths in battle!"

Everyone stared. Annie's mouth opened, Reiner and Bertholdt and Marco's eyes began to shake. Sasha looked over mournfully. "No way..."

Connie and Jean stared.

"So the 34th unit was nearly wiped out.. If we fight the titans, we'll end up like them.." Someone said.

I covered my mouth with my pale hand, my fingers twitching as tears began to drop from my diamond eyes, shadows looming underneath as my breaths became muffled and my screams were barely heard.

"I'm so sorry....Mikasa....And you, Eliza..." Armin held my hand, and Mikasa cuffed his. "Eren died in my stead..I couldn't do anything!"

"Take a deep breath. This isn't the time to be emotional. Stand up." She helped us up as I swept my tears away and sighed.

"Marco. If we take out the titans around the HQ, we can replenish our gas supplies and climb the wall. Does that sound correct?"

Marco's head jeered to the side, his freckles dotted on his cheeks as he frowned "Yeah...But even if you're with us, there's too many..."