The scouts recruitment. 15

All of us cadets stood inside the hall in wall sina, after being asked to take off our gears for inspection. People after people were being asked who they were and where they last used their gear, as someone had killed sonny and bean. They were two titans captured by Hanji, who's the insane scientist in the scouting legion.

"My name is sasha braus!" Sasha called when they came to ask about her gear.

"And when was the last time you used you gear?" The inspector asked, writing her answer on a paper that laid upon her chorkboard. "Six days ago, after the cleaning operation. "

"She checks out."
"You there." The other one said to christa.

"I'm Christa Lenz from the 42nd squad!"
"We'll check your gear"

"I can't believe you are going to be punished for killing a Titan. 2, to be exact." Connie started. "Whoever killed those Titans must of hated them."

"Yeah. Pretty random though how they'd just randomly go and kill perfectly innocent Titans. Hanji San was so close to finding wether Titans have a soft side or not." I said, shrugging.

"Yeah. I think so too. There must be some sort of reason for the person to kill them." Armin agreed.

Annie waved a blonde lock behind her ear. "Whoever that person is, it will be a large difficulty to find"

"And mankind will have to suffer from a little inspection like this."

Connor sighed. "I'm such an idiot. Before I saw a Titan, i was thinking about joining the survey corps. Now I'm not so sure. It's the day of when we are choosing too."

"I've already made my decision." I started, making Connie crane his head towards my direction.

"Scouts, right?" Connie asked.

"Yeah." I smiled and looked at him. "For three reasons. 1- I wanna return to Eren, 2- it will fulfil one of my reasons for being a soldier which is the reason why Titans exist and 3- To see Erwin. Well, my father anyway."

"Wow. My reason was to just.... Save humanity I suppose. I had strong desires to being a scout but now I think I'm too afraid."

"You shouldn't be afraid of something like this." I began. "You can't let an inspection destroy that desire because a soldier is basically some sort of murderer. If you have a chance to save mankind, than in my opinion, you should take it. But that's your choice." I smiled at him and he smirked

"I suppose you're right." Connie looked at me sternly. "How did you feel about....you know....."

I looked at him. "What?"

Armin clicked on. "Marco." He turned me to the side so he can look in my eyes. "Eliza?"

My eyes were looking downwards "I'm not sure."

~Flashback~

The fire was blazing, the Sparks floating around the gathering shoulders round the dead burning bodies. Jean was kneeling down in front of us, looking at some bones.

"I don't even know which bones are yours, Marco." Jean murmured to himself, sighing. He was still about the upset of his death that we found after the battle.

"Jean..." I said , stepping forwards.

"Maybe that maniac was right." He said, gripping the bones as he clenched them in his hands. He looked to the side as if he can see him right there and then.