Counting Stars.1

'Laetely I've been, I've been losing sleep. Dreaming about the things that we could be. But, baby, I've been, I've been praying hard, Said no more counting dollars. We'll be counting stars. Yeah, we'll be counting stars.'

'Depending on the hard labour of a soldiers work, humanity is praying for those brave ones.'

The glowing sun beamed through the see-through curtains, the dark clouds despairing away as the large ball of gas shone. My slender pale fingers pressed against the glass, my diamond eyes staring out at the meadows that reached far from my lonely slum cottage as I waited for my brother, Eren, and my adopted sister, Mikasa.

They have always protected me, as I have always been a coward - scared of many things - but very quiet and silent - it is just in my nature.

My head buzzed as the belowing of the bird's tweeting sang clearly, the sweet melody soothing me and comforted me a little, allowing me to slump back in my chair without questions slithering in my mind.

"Don't worry, Eliza, they should be back soon. How about you go play with armin for a bit, eh?" Mother said, wrapping my wooly coat round my shivering arms as she smiled sweetly, pinching my cheek softly.

"Okay, ma'!" I said in my usual quiet voice, slipping on my large mittens as mother did up the buttons slowly.

"It's warm out there, but you were naturall born pale and skinny - and quite cold! So we will not wrap your shawl round you - but I will place it in your backpack." Mother said, placing my grey patterned silky shawl into my rucksack. "And remember, stay by armin while you wait!! Make sure they do not leave your side or I will paddle them!"

I closed the door as the spring breeze blew at my face, startling me as I watched the great walls. Me and mother has always thought the walls as gods, forever looking after us and giving us the freedom to live peacefully - though Eren has a complete different side to the conclusion.

He has always been determined to live outside the walls, not listening to mother's scowls. I always worried that they will leave me, even though they always promise they won't.

My large boots shudded at the sand path, making a trails of tiny particles of yellow dust fly through the air, my nose twitching as my large eyes looked onwards.

A boy with yellow hair and a golden fringe sat on a step, gazing at a large book. He had round diamond eyes and a classic boy's outfit, his eyes following the lines as he read the passages. He looked round and gazed at me. A long smile grew on his round small face.

"Eliza!" Armin jumped up, placing a piece of crumpled yellow paper on his page as he closed it up, a tornado of dust sprinkling at his face while he jumped at me, his  skinny arms wrapped round me. "Yay!"

"Ar-min!" I said slowly but clearly, my cheeks becoming rosy red as I flushed, pink trailing over my freckles as Armin ruffled my brown hair. He had a sweet face but clammy hands, his fingers wrapped round mine as he proppeled me over to where his book lay.

"Look! Look!" He opened up his book, turning to a page. Layed on the paper was ocean blue water, with lines of writing informed on about the diagram, as the water sparkled with green grass flowing next to it, and blue skies that reached a whole piece. "My parents went there. I want to, with Eren and Mikasa. If you want, you can come."

I considered, my eyes sparkling as I continued to gaze at the images. "Is ma' coming?" I asked, blinking as I waited, hoping for a yes.

"Not really....but you will have us....Me." He smiled, but I shook my head and gazed at the pond, watching the water lilies swim ontop of the icy crystals, the sun beaming at it to make it glisten.