Chapter 5

I woke up and streatched. I went to the bathroom and started to do my hair when the scene from yesterday popped into my head again.

"What was that, yesterday?" I turned, startled. Felix was standing in the door way.

"Don't worry no one else is awake." He said, stepping more into the bathroom, "But what was that?"

"To tell you the truth, I have no clue. All I know is all of a sudden I saw blood on Bret's head, she went to the bathroom, and you know the rest." I sighed out, frustration lasing my words.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, running a comb through his hair.

"I don't think there is anything I can do." I mumbled, looking at the sink.

"What do you think she meant by 'it's not my blood'?"

"I have no clue, but I haven't seen anything on the news about someone dead or injured."

We both sighed and let it go, since everyone else was waking up now. We all finished getting ready and went down stairs.

"Ok, when you get home today it will be time to hunt." My dad boasted out, his chest puffed.

"Ok." We all said in unison then left.

We got to school and I saw Bret sitting by the door, like normal. She looked up at me and gave a faint smile. She then stood up and started to come over, but I didn't feel like talking to her today, I shook my head. A flash of pain went onto her face and she sat back down and started running her hand through her hair.

Felix came and sat beside me.

"I can't read her mind but I'm good with emotions too. You need to talk to her." He whispered, leaning against my shoulder.

"I don't feel like talking to her today. Maybe tomorrow."

Felix nodded and frowned a little, then stood up and walked back over to Jake.

The bell rang after a few minutes and we went inside. I went into the room and saw Bret sitting down, she looked up at me a gave another faint smile, I just walked past and sat down. She laid her head down and didn't even look at the board, or me, for the rest of the class.

*Time skip*

I walked out of my class and Jake was already in the hall. He ran over and flung his arm around me.

"What's up?" He beamed out.

"Nothing much." I shrugged him off.

We walked down the hall to the lunch room, I really wasn't looking forward to seeing Bret, not just yet. I walked into the lunch room and looked at the table but Bret wasn't there.

"Where's Bret?" Jake asked, luckily so I didn't have to.

"We have no clue. We thought she was with you." Vickie shrugged.

"Nope." He said, looking around the room.

We sat down and I felt Vickie staring at me. 

I finally gave in a looked up at her, "Did you two have a fight?" she questioned.

"No...not exactly." My voice trailed of to a whisper, that no one could hear.

They could all tell I didn't really want to talk about, so they dropped it. I put my head down on the table and they all shared a worried glance.

*Time skip*

I was going to last period. Bret was sitting in her seat with her head down, she didn't even acknowledge my presence. I sat down and sighed, "Maybe I should talk to her."