Chapter 2

I got woken up from my good dream, I was chasing a deer around about to get it, when my alarm went off. I stretched and slithered out of bed, like a snake and walked to the bathroom.

"Hey, beastie."

I looked over at my sister and groaned.

"You better hurry if you want to see your little girlfriend before school."

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" I yelled, about to blow up and attack Vickie.

She just laughed and walked away.

I went down stairs of course all my siblings yelled at me for being a beast and hid behind the couch, but I was to tired to care.

"Ok, kids, time to go to school." Mom told us.

"Ok" We all said in unison, before getting our stuff and running to school. It only took us about 5-6 minutes because of our super speed.

We sat outside of the building waiting for the bell to ring when Jake hit me with his elbow.

"OW!"

He nodded at something, "Look."

I looked over and saw Bret sitting beside the door to go inside. And like she heard Jake, she opened her eyes and looked at us, she immediately smiled and waved at us.

"Looks like someone's girlfriend is here." Vickie taunted.

I shoved her arm, "Shut up!"

The bell then rang and we got up and went inside. I went and sat down in first period, of course Bret was already there and smiled at me when I walked in.

"Hey Alice!"

"Hi." I said in a slight monotone, I could tell Bret started playfully frowning. I looked at her and she had big puppy dog eyes, which I just noticed were emerald green, and her lower lip was sticking out. I chuckled a little and she smiled a little, as if saying she won.

The teacher walked in and told us to be quiet.

*Time skip*

It was finally time for lunch and Jake meet me in the hallway like always but this time had a big smile plastered to his face.

"What's up with you?" I asked as we started to walk to the lunch room.

"Ok, so we might have done something, and you have to promise not to get angry."

"Ok?" I more asked then said.

We walked into the lunch room and I looked at our table and saw a familiar blackish brown haired girl. I looked at Jake, practically glaring holes into him.

"You have to be kidding me?"

"Nope."

We walked over to the table and Jake ran over and sat down next to Felix, leaving the seat right next to Bret open. I sighed and sat down, as if on queue Bret looked at me and smiled.

"Well, I'm starving, be back in a minute."

Bret got up and went into the line.

"What the heck?! Why would you invite her to the table?" I growled out, making sure to keep my voice low.

"She seems nice, and she likes you, so why not?" Vickie asked.

I blushed a little when she said Bret liked me, "Well, we can't send her away now."

Bret came back and started scarfing her food down, like she hadn't eaten in ages. Not once did she look at us or ask why we weren't eating, which I was thankful for.

The bell rang for our next class and Bret got up, "See you guys later."

"See ya Bret." Jake waved with a childish grin on his face. 

She then went and dumped her tray, I scoffed at Jake's behavior as we stood up as well.

*Time Skip*

It was finally last period. I walked in and the teacher told us all to hush. She started continuing the lesson from yesterday.

About half way through the class she got done and looked at us.

"Ok class, you will have a project that is due tomorrow. You should get it done as soon as possible."

Most of the class groaned while others just rolled their eyes, except for me and Bret. I didn't because I've gone to school so many times that I could probably remember doing this exact project, I had no clue why Bret didn't do anything, maybe she was excited or something?

"You have to make a poster on the systems of a human body."

Most of the kids started complaining that that was a middle school project.

"You can choose your partners and discuss how you will get it done."

She then sat down. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Bret turn to me and put on a dorky but cute smile.

"Want to be partners?"

"Sure, why not?" I said with a shrug.

She smiled so brightly after that it was almost blinding.

"Ok, so class is almost over. Can I come to your house to do the project?"

I thought about it, mostly how my siblings would react, but we had to if we wanted to get it done.

"Sure, come around 6."

"Ok." She chipped out, practically bouncing in her seat.

We talked a little more about where my house was so she could find it, then the bell went off. Everyone jumped up and left.

I ran outside to meet my siblings who were already talking amongst themselves.

"Hey, guys," I greeted with a small smile

"Hey, Ali," they all said in unison.

We were about to leave when Bret saw us.

"See you at 6 Alice!"

All my siblings looked at me, with accusing eyes.

"What's happening at 6?" Jake asked, cocking his eye brow.

"Bret's coming over, we have a project to do." I said flatly, pulling my backpack strap tighter.

"Mom and dad will be so proud." Vickie mocked.

"Why?"

"Well, duh. You're bringing your girlfriend over." Felix said, in the most sarcastic voice ever.

I blushed a little, "She is not my girlfriend!"

They all ran off laughing while I chased them.

"MOM, DAD! YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS!" Jake yelled on the top of his lungs. Mom and dad came running like the house was on fire.

"What is it?" My mom asked for both of them.

"Alice's girlfriend is coming over!" Vickie chimed in.

"Really?!" My parents asked confused.

"She's not my girlfriend, but yes she will be here at 6 to do a project."

"That's great!" They both yelled

"We should make dinner!" My mom yelled.

"But we don't eat." Felix said, in a questioning tone.

"Ya, but she does, and we need to be proper guest keepers." Jake said, in a highly sophisticated tone.

"Well, won't she think it would be weird, our mom makes us dinner and she's the only one eating?"

"Good point, we could just say it's left overs and we already ate."

We agreed on that and my mom started making dinner. I went upstairs to get all the supplies ready for when Bret came over.

{OHH, Bret is coming over. What do you think will happen?}