Chapter 8

I woke up, from yelling down stairs. I walked over to my door and opened it a little.

"Seth! Just get out!"

"No, this is my house too!"

"You're to angry to think, just leave!"

"Fine!"

I then heard the door slam, it also shook the house a little. I walked down stairs and saw mom sitting on the couch, crying.

"Hey, mom"

"Oh, hey, sweetie"

"What was that about?"

"Oh, just stuff with your father."

"Is it ok if I know what about?"

She sighed and looked at me, "It was about Bret, he still doesn't trust her very much."

My heart felt like it shattered. How could he not trust Bret?

"Well, just try to forget about him and remember we all trust Bret, no matter what he says"

I looked at my mom and started to feel horrible, 1) because my father doesn't even trust my girlfriend 2) because I could just empithize with how my mother was feeling.

I then saw a small mark on her cheek.

"Mother, don't let him hit you, please."

"I won't, you should just get ready for school."

I nodded and walked up stairs, all my siblings were in the hall looking at me. They knew how I could empitize with my mother and didn't want to say anything to make it worse.

We got to school and I saw Bret sitting by the door. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Of course, she noticed how I was acting and looked at me with wondering, questioning eyes.

The bell rang I went to go to class. As I was walking down the hall I felt a hand snake it's way around my waist and I looked over at Bret. She was looking at me with soft eyes, and I felt a little better.

Bret didn't really talk to me in first period because she didn't know what was wrong, and didn't want to upset me.

*Time skip*

I was walking to lunch thinking, "Is mom ok, did Seth come back, what will I find when I get home?"

I got to the table and all my siblings could tell I was think, Felix knew what I was thinking about. Bret was sitting next to me. Since she wasn't eating I leaned over and put my head on her shoulder, I felt her hand come around my lower back to my lap, I grabbed her hand and held it. She then leaned her head on mine.

All my siblings looked at each other then at Felix. He looked at me then nodded. I knew he had read my mind and found out me and Bret were dating.

Lunch was finally over and Bret let me go and we all went to class.

*Time skip*

It was finally time to go home. I wanted to get home so bad that I didn't wait on my siblings to get outside, or Bret.

I got home and ran inside.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Ali?"

"Are you ok?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"I just thought maybe Seth would have come back and hurt you."

"No he's been gone all day."

"Ok, then I'm going up stairs to start on my homework."

"Ok."

I went up stairs and started on my homework when Vickie came in and sat on my bed.