The last to the flashback

Dedicated@Anam Ashghar

"With whose permission, you run the DNA?" Asad Uncle spats.

"I had to save him" I mutter.

"And what does the DNA prove. Does it assumingly tells that we're not related?"

How does he know when I hadn't even showed him. I swallow the building lump. I hate confrontation that makes me feel responsible for nothing.

"He is the deed" he clears.

"He is not related to you that is what the reports are saying" I said.

He looks at me, demanding for an explanation.

"What do you mean?" he questions.

"Here" I gave him the DNA reports which he has to accept "check it for yourself."

All along he has been wrong about everything especially his father.

"If" I begin again "if he is your father child then it would state that you share one parent. But in your case, it doesn't which means... Wasiq is not related to the family members of this house."

I run my fingers in my hair in awkward way.

"To put it in simple words he is not related by any sort of mean...no connection."

"The result could be wrong" he states as his face seems disturbed by the new revelation.

"Trust me, they are one hundred percent accurate. I made sure and I knew, you wouldn't believe me this easily since I am Wasiq wife which is why I have ran the similar test in another lab. Would you like to take a look at it?"

He glances my way to search for the truth that my eyes hold, when he knows there is no lying. He just nods his head firmly.

His hands starts to tremble. He loses his step, almost hitting the ground to which I launch to save him.

"Thank You, Raseen" he speaks.

And for the first time, he speaks to me directly by calling my name.

"You should probably sit down" I suggest.

And to which he agrees. We are sitting on the same low couch in the library with a palm of a distant. When he gain his composure, I provide him with a glass of water, preparing him for what I want from him.

"Uncle, I know you must be feeling awfully terrible but could you please tell Wasiq about the reality as soon as possible" I said.

He matches my eyes as I wait for him to answer.

"Why...as easily as you told and prove it to me...why can't you tell him. After all, he is your husband."

"Before he is my husband. He is your son" I respond.

"No. I won't do that" he rejects without thinking twice.

"Why not" I persist.

"I won't...so...I won't. I hope this answer your question" he said as he got up to leave but my next word stops him in his track.

"Naveed."

He turns about to face me again.

"He needs bone marrow" I curtly informs. My features became rigid with conformity.

"How did you find out?" he questions enquiringly.

"The reports in the study table drawer of here, before everything else I am a doctor."