♡♥ The Feigning Strength♡♥

RASEEN ~ POV

The package containing dead rat, blood oozing at various places, leaving it slightly wet upon touch. The dead rat seems to have been killed freshly, looking at the body of the rat.

My breaths hitches at the sight of finding dead rat and the visible meaning behind its being delivered to me.

Who would want me dead. Who is it that hate me so much that wants to kill me.

The white envelope with perfect round, red dots gets my eye and I clutch it.

The package tumbles down to the ground from my trembling hands.

My heart races nervously as my fingers work its way to open the envelope that may explain who sent it.

I hold my bottom lip in my teeth and beg earnestly, that please make it a prank.

I breathe in.

As I reveal, a white card, my blood within my veins freezes at the red bold italics letters.

"This can be you"

The words sound like a genuine promise.

It shudders me as I read it all over again.

My blood finally defrosts, to reach my brain and heart that is when I scream with unwillfulness.

I fist the card in my hand as I shout Wasiq's name. My feet seem to have been guled to the floor as I am unable to move, in fear of getting killed like the white rat with pit less, terrified red eyes staring back at me.

I have read in books that killers often practice their killing skills on animals to get strong when they actually prey on their target.

I frustrately kick the rat body as it tosses and turns in the box.

To know that there is somebody who is after me and all the things are aiming at me, the white rat is me.

I walk up the stairs, taking two steps at a time to tell him,to hold me, and to tell me that there is nothing to worry about.

He is with me in every aspect of my life like he said the other day but yet I need a reassurance, a new pledge.

I need him. His butterfly flipping voice to flip away, my instilling fear that is taking ahold of me in every way rather rapidly.

As I miss a step.

I find myself rolling down the stairs, with the white card still clutched in my palm.

With each tumble, I felt myself recharging with the aim to be strong.

I have always been strong then why am I fearing. Why is their fear.

The fear, that has always touched me, has been with me from the beginning like a soulful friend.

Then why am I fearing my friend. I am strong, I cannot fall weak merely because of this...crawling and hiding in fear never defined me and it never will.