♡♥ The Everlasting Vow♡♥

Wasiq ~ POV

I slide my hand from her wrist to her palm. I intertwined our fingers tightly as I tug her behind me on the stairs that are still covered with rose petals. I look back at her. She is smiling widely that is making me forget how to breathe.

Her other hand has fisted up her long gray train that somehow still manages to brush the stairs, cascading the petals onto my feet.

The minute I leave her hand at the last stair. I look back to find her fallen down. She is looking down and her brown waves have fallen across her face like a veil. She is breathing heavily. I crouch down to her level.

I remove the hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear. She looks up at me in the eyes without wavering. She smiles. I smile back and caress her  high cheeks with the back of my hand like the last time,I thought I was going to see her. The time when my heart wanted to seek her heart. The first time, I thought I could love somebody with all my heart.

"Why do you always fall whenever I am with you?" I question.

"Because you make me weak" she replies as she pulls my hand away from her skin and clasps it in her hand.

I am shaking my head while letting out a low laugh.

"Okey, but why are you smiling?...when you just had a fall" I question to my curiosity.

She breathes in. She tries to get up but trips again in her long dress, coming back to her previous position.

I extend both of my hands out to her which she grasps. She doesn't show the hesitancy unlike a few minutes ago. She grasps my palms so tightly as if she is afraid my hands will disappear.

"You are the reason for my smile" she speaks.

We make our way to the kitchen side by side. I look at her again when she has something more to say.

"Now, everytime that I will fall, it wouldn't hurt much because now I know, you will always be there for me...starting from today onwards".

She gives my hand a squeeze and lightly moves it back and forth between us.

"At every fall, your warm hands will be there for me to help me up and to make me rise. I will always find you at my every fall and you will always help me" she said at the foot of a kitchen entrance.

"What if you don't find me?" I ask as I release my hand from her grip. And I shook my head to flick the hair from my eyes. She looks at me with dewy eyes and stands in front of me to my face.

" Then you will always find me where you had forgotten to pick me up" she utters with this utmost faith that I can never leave her and that I will always be there for her.

She breathes in with difficulty as I curse myself for putting her through a test unknowingly. She finger brush my strands from the eyes to the back and speaks with brimming sadness.

"Even, if you forget. I will imagine your presence and rise. I will make you remember that you had forgotten to pick me up".

The forming tears before they could fall across her face. I wipe them away as it needles me to know it is because of me. I couldn't say anything, its like I have gone mute.

However, I wish I could tell her "she will always find me at her every fall...no...she  will always find me before any fall. She will always find her falls in my arms. I will be there for her before she could hit the ground.

To me, she is a bloom rose with fragility that could scatter into bits when it falls to the ground. I want it to be me where she could scatter herself in depthness and I will pick her bits back to a rose that she is for me.