He Is Not, What He Thinks

Raseen – POV

FLASH BACK TO GONE WEEK

I can't sleep. I want to sleep. I am so tired, I really need this sleep but with this headache...all I am doing is tossing, turning, and sitting up. It feels like someone is hammering millions of nails at the same time into my head. It's excruciating.

As I fall back on the bed and prepare myself to sleep which seems to be nowhere near my eyes. A soft touch starts to massage my throbbing temple and instantly it seems to help. I lean in more to the touch as I knew very well that it is Wasiq mother. The scent, the motherly scent escaping from her is itself relieving. A touch that I have always been deprived off.

"Thank You" I murmur.

"You don't have to... this will help you fall asleep."

"Oh no, it is disturbing your sleep" I suggest.

"At this age, sleep rarely touches my lashes so don't worry, me and Asad always tuck in late" she reassures me.

"What do you do if you don't sleep?" I assert intriguingly.

"Well, we read. Asad father has this library at the basement of this house, filled with English poetry."

"So, you are into English poetry" I said amusingly.

"Poetry has hidden meaning which makes me and Asad to try finding it."

"Can I join you?" I suggest.

"Would you like to join the mid-night-club?" she laughs.

"Yes...yes. I will...so when do we start" I asked forgetting about the ache in my head.

"For that, you have to sleep so that tomorrow can come."

Her voice is so comforting that it just remind me if my mom was still alive she would feel like this. Wasiq, he is so fortunate to have this saccharine of a woman filled with tenderness, peacefulness, and passion has given birth to him.

I lean in, afraid she might push me back but that fear departs when she pulls me into her arms and as we lay together in bed, side by side. Her majestic smell embracing me. I yearn to open my eyes but I am too shy to see it. So let myself to feel and enjoy the moment.

Just as I drive into deep sleep. I sense another entry to my room. My eyes begging me to stop struggling and with that battle going on...I just heed to his pretentious dominant voice.

"I shall remind you again that this is your half-sister-in-law."

Confusion Mountains upon my mind at his said words and I don't dare to reveal myself that I am aware of his presence as I want to hear the rest of it.

"Asad" she bellows and pulls away from me to probably face him.

"The truth Kulsum...Wasiq is my half-brother and your half-brother-in-law and that makes Raseen your half-sister-in-law" he proceeds calmly.

"Stop it this instantly" her voice doesn't seem to shaken one bit as if she has done this many times.

"No...I cannot...this...you treating her like your daughter makes me sick and annoying. So you better stop acting like she is your daughter-in-law" he said.

"Asad, for Allah sake...move on...Wasiq is your son now..not your but mine only. He means nothing to you anyway then why are you so bother" she erupts.

As I listen onto their conversation, the urgency to open my eyes to see if I am not dreaming emerges. I don't want to let them know that I am not sleeping because at the moment I am denying that I am conscious, and this conversation is a part of my imagination.

"Kulsum."

He begins again.

"Wasiq, is the deed of my father affair. A destroyer to my soul, the cause of my mother death, and the destruction of this house."

"Your father never admitted it that he is his and moreover, you never gave him the chance to prove. So don't act like" she asserts.

I inhale all the air I could to digest the new secrets that could possibly destroy my man for life. The only thing which I can't do anything about is to see him being crack and ultimately broken into very pieces.

If Wasiq is not their but his parents parents then how did Wasiq became Naveed twin. So he isn't Naveed twin and Sanam brother but rather their half-uncle.

I listen to them again as their heated argument escalate.

"So don't act like I am innocent. The day I came to know, he had an affair and had a baby at the point where he should be joying his grandchildren birth is when I lost all the respect. I idolized him. My source of strength and inspiration. I gave him all my aspiration to be a man with qualities and value like him. What did that get me...nothing...but shame and pain?"

"Asad, wasiq has nothing to do with your father affair. He wasn't born then. He didn't ask him to make him his son. If he wasn't the result of your father affair...will you still treat him like an invisible object? You have done it for years when he  isn't at fault."

He cuts her abruptly.

"But he is" he asserts abhorrently "And that doesn't change anything."

"You never prove that he is your father" she interjects.

"The letter proved that...then" he stops as I sit up and our eyes locks.

The throbbing returns with another powerful jolt and all I want to do is to faint.

To run from the reality which is about to disclose.

Wasiq father has an expression like he has nothing to care. There is no fear that his words or this truth can torn down his son and his very existence.

Not his son though but his half-brother.

The steel of his eyes that has lost too much so what if he loses anything more, to him it wouldn't matter.

"Tell me, I am not dreaming" I hear my voice.

Wasiq mother turns around with horrific expression.

She jumps beside me and take my hand in hers. My heart runs faster with each second as she delays to retort.

"Tell me" I urge.

"It's the truth" wasiq mother murmurs as she embrace me into her arms and with that wasiq father walks away, disappearing from my vision.

"Then" my throat constricts at the thought of Wasiq.

Tears threaten to fall and this worries me the most. If I am having such a turbulence within me, imagine the man who thinks what he is but he isn't is.

What he thinks is not what that is. All his life he has been living in delusion that he is the son of Asad when he never was.   

Salam and A very happy Helllooooo..... to all my angels.....back with an update ....i hope you all are having killer Saturday. 

Happppppppy Diwali to all my Indian readers or anybody who celebrates.... i know its a very late one but in Malaysia we celebrate it for one month so technically it is still acceptable.

let me know your thoughts abt this chapter.... and i shall see you now every Saturday ...

Vote vote and vote .....please do leave not only ur votes but also urself in the comment section bc i love to read ur thoughts ....

any feedback no matter how bad it is ...please don't be shy abt it bc i believe it will help me grow  as a writer....

DO YOU WANT A BONUS CHAPTER??????? THEN THE FIRST TO COMMENT OR VOTE IS GONNA BE DEDICATED THat  CHAPTER.... OF COURSE I WILL FOLLOW u IF I HAVEN'T.....

UNTIL THEN STAY HAPPY AND MAKE OTHERS HAPPY ...

Byeeeeeeee:)