Chapter 3

I was still in my room, I already started the project hoping to get it done faster, when I heard the door bell ring. I ran out of my room down the stairs, but it was to late, Jake was at the door and I saw Bret standing in front of him as they talked.

"Oh, ya! Come in." Jake said moving out of the way.

Bret walked in the house and nodded at Jake before looking at me and smiling. I blushed a little.

"Mom, dad, Bret's here!" Jake yelled, closing the door.

They both came out and my mom introduced herself in a warm manner, my father on the other hand was acting like I had brought a boy home to sleep over.

"Well it's very nice to meet both of you, and you can just call me Bret." It was the first time I had seen her look sheepish.

"Oh, Bret are you hungry?" My mom cooed, clapping her hands.

"A little." She pouted.

"Well, we have some left overs if you want some?"

"Oh, no I'll be fine."

After Bret said that her stomach growled louder than a thunder storm. We all started laughing and she put her hand on her stomach and looked down, blushing from embarrassment.

"Ok, I guess I'm hungrier than I thought." She giggled, shifting on her feet.

My mom lead Bret to the table and came out with a big plate of pasta. Just looking at it made me want to throw up, not from me being a vampire but from it being enough to feed 2 or 3 people.

I waited as Bret finished every last bit of the pasta and licked the plate clean. I was walking over to get her when...

"Can I have some more?"

We all looked at her like she was crazy.

"Yes, hold on a second." Mom said, almost a little flustered.

Mom came back with a plate even fuller than the last.

"She will never finish that." Jake whispered to us, I saw a flash of "challenge accepted" in Bret's eye and she started stuffing her face.

"But how would she have heard him?" I mentally asked myself. I just shrugged it off, Jake can be extremely loud and not even notice. So much so, that we've become immune to his screaming.

She finished a few minutes later and leaned back.

"You can really hold your food!" Jake yelled, proving my point.

"Yep, my dad always said I could eat enough for a small army." She boasted, slapping her belly.

We all burst out laughing.

I walked over and grabbed Bret so we could get the project done and she could leave.

"Ok, I already did some of it so it shouldn't take us long." I said while dragging her up the stairs.

"Ok." She chuckled, stumbling on the steps.

I snuck a glance at Bret, she instantly did a big dorky smile. I blushed a little, turning my head so she couldn't see, then led her to my room.

We started working, and I had to admit we worked pretty good together. Bret just needed to label the last thing, then we would be done. I didn't notice she was going to walk in front of me. so I put my legs out to stretch.

"AH!" She yelped out, trying to brace her fall.

Before I knew it Bret was on top of me our faces only a few inches apart. I could feel her  breath on my face and I knew I was red as a tomato.