L U L L A B Y

I know the feeling of finding yourself stuck out on the ledge

Abigail Adams' POV

David and I were driving in silence, with music being played very quietly.

"So just give it one more try with a lullaby and turn this up on the radio. If you can hear me now I'm reachin' out to let you know that you're not alone," I sung in a low voice. David turned to me with a smile. "What?"

"You like Nickelback?" He asked. I nodded.

"They might not be the most liked band, but I can appreciate them for still pushing through the hate!" I told him. David's smile grew even bigger.

"You're not talking in your fake voice," he stated. I slowly nodded. We sat for a couple of seconds, not speaking. "Why do you always talk with a fake voice?" I took a deep breath as I stopped at the red light.

"Because, that's who I play on your vlogs," I told him quietly.

"You don't need to be fake on my vlogs," David said to me.

"It's called acting David. Your vlogs are all an act!" I exclaimed as I pulled up into my driveway.

"If you don't want to act, you don't have to," he explained to me. "I want you to be yourself on my vlogs, not just some stupid, high pitched, blonde sl¡t!" I smiled as I turned off my car.

"I just don't like you all joking about it off camera ... it hurts my feelings," I whispered, on the verge of crying. He looked into my eyes, and I could see sadness.

"I'm so sorry Abi! I didn't mean it!" David apologized. I quickly wiped away my tears that started to form.

"You can stay overnight, if you don't feel like driving home," I whispered. He nodded and we got out of my car. I walked up to the front door, and struggled with my keys. For once, David didn't say anything.

"I'll see you in the morning!" He said, heading to my couch.

"David," I said. David looked up at me.

"Yes Abi?"

"Can you sing me Lullaby so I can fall asleep?" I asked with smirk. He laughed, a genuine laugh, and nodded.

"Just give it one more try with a lullaby and turn this up on the radio. If you can hear me now I'm reachin' out to let you know that you're not alone," he sang offbeat. I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Goodnight David!"