Chapter 13

"What happened?" He immedietly questioned. His big brown eyes look sad and desperate to find out answers.

"Nothing." I replied whist yanking my shirt away from his hand and covering up my bruise.

"That is not nothing! Please tell me how you got that. I'm worried!" He pleaded with me. The tone in his voice was slightly raised letting me know he was serious.

"I'm fine honestly. I- I just tripped down the stairs that's all. I can be really clumsy at times." I said trying my hardest to think of something that would sound convincing.

"Stop lying to me. You are rubbish at it. Look that's not the sort of bruise you get from falling down the stairs. You can trust me. I just want to help you." He said.

He lifted his hand up to my cheek and gently caressed it with his thumb, wiping away the tears I didn't know had even fallen. I did want to tell him everything but I knew it would impact horribly on my mother and no matter what she did, I still love her.

"Honestly, I'm fine. I should get going anyway." I said trying to get away from the awkward questions.

I abruptly got up but Brian's hard body got up with just as much speed as me. He blocked my way and his large hands gripped my hips, making sure that I wasn't going anywhere.

"You aren't getting away from me that easy. When will you realise that I'm here to help you? But you need to tell me what's going on. That type of bruise isn't normal and you're not going anywhere until you tell me." He said in an annoyed tone.

I quickly dropped down in my chair and let the tears spill from my eyes as I couldn't hold them back anymore. Everything was getting too much and I wanted it to all end. I knew Brian couldn't solve all my problems as he was one of them but maybe he could solve one. I didn't even know where to begin. How do you tell someone that your mom is an alcoholic and she hits you?

"I don't know where to start, there is so much to tell you. Can we do this tonight? When we have more time and we can be sure nobody is going to walk in. Please." I begged him. This would buy me time so I could think about how I would tell him everything.

"Fine. I'll pick you up tonight but I want you to know that whatever you tell me, I'll be there for you no matter what." Brian told me. I knew I could trust him but I knew I couldn't with this. He couldn't stand by and let my mother do this to me, he would have to tell someone and I would lose her.

"I understand." I mumbled.

He nodded and said, "I'll pick you up around six and we can go to my place."

I nodded my head and I felt his arms wrap securely around my waist, pulling me into his warm body. I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I relaxed into the moment and took in the smell I had grown to love. The bitter smell of cigarettes and fresh mint, along with his cologne. It was intoxicating and it made me feel safe. I felt him place a delicate kiss on top of my head.

We pulled away and just looked at each other. His eyes travelled from mine to my lips back up to my eyes. I wanted it too as the mental images came rushing into my head of the first time we kissed. The feel of his thin lips pressed against mine. The way they moved made me feel weak and the taste was just enough to drive any girl mad with pure lust.

I snapped out of my fantasy, realising that it wasn't possible to do anything considering the building we were in. No matter how much we both wanted it but the intense lustful gaze still held me in place.

"I'll see you tonight." I quickly said wanting to be free.

"Yeah, see you tonight." He stated as his gaze dropped. He walked away from me and sat on his desk. I bent down and grabbed my bag. I shoved my books in my bag and turned around to head for the door. I looked back, his face looked upset and hurt. I didn't like the though of it. Maybe it was for the best, he might not show tonight if he's mad at me. That would be a good thing.