Epilogue

• Dedicated to My Wonderful Best Friend, Ellie

So, I decided to write an epilogue because I realised form all your comments I was a little mean just leaving it there so here is the epilogue. I hope you like and please let me know what you think!

-----------------------------------

The little brown haired girl came running into the room full of excitement. Her eyes wide with ecstasy and anticipation. She climbed onto the bed and looked at her sleeping mother. She didn't want to wake her but she was too excited not to. She stood up on the bed careful not to lose her balance and began fearlessly jumping up and down awaking the sleeping woman.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!" the little girl excitedly giggled as her long brown locks flew everywhere.

Sophie finally opened her eyes to see the commotion her little girl was making. "Come here, you little devil," she playfully said and grabbed her daughter by the waist and pulled her into a hug.

The little girl let out a scream and held on tightly to her mothers arms. "Happy Birthday!" she screamed as Sophie attacked her with kisses. "I got you a present!"

"Oh? Did Tom help you?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, he said that it could be from the both of us. I think it looks pretty just like you," the little girl beamed. Sophie could see it in her deep chocolate brown eyes that she was thrilled by it.

Sophie began unwrapping the present until it revealed a tiny black box. She gasped at the sight of the box. She didn't want Tom going to all this trouble on her birthday. She carefully pushed the box open to reveal a pair of diamond stud earrings that shone brightly. Her breath was took away by them. They were so elegant, much too elegant for her. She was overwhelmed by the gift, it was too much.

"Thank you so much, Evie. They are so pretty!" Sophie said excitedly. "Come on, lets go get some breakfast and then we can go down to the beach. Would you like that?"

"Yeah!" Evie excitedly clapped her hands together. She scrambled off of the large bed and ran down the stairs awaiting her mother.

Sophie put the box down on the draws and got out of bed. She quickly slipped on her silk rope and made her way down the stairs. She quickly ran to the door to retrieve this mornings mail. Sophie scanned through the junk mail and bills until her eyes landed upon a letter that brought all the painful memories back. She quickly tore the letter open and read the contents. It was a visitation letter for Sophie and Evie. Her heart twisted in an unwelcoming way. It hurt her so much to think about him.

The memories came flooding back to that awful day, the day he was ripped away from her. They sentenced him to life and no matter how much she prayed, he wasn't coming back to her. He hadn't seen much of Evie over the past three years and Sophie knew deep down that it was killing him. He would write and she would visit but she was never aloud to hold him, all she longed for was his touch and him telling her everything would be alright.

A couple of years went by and Sophie couldn't take it no more. She stopped visiting and stopped replying to his letters, it all became too painful. Sophie blames herself for everything that happened so she couldn't face him anymore. She pushed her unwanted thoughts aside and went into the kitchen.

"What's the matter mommy?" Evie questioned.

"Nothing sweetie," Sophie lied.

"Is it daddy? You always get a sad face when I want to talk about daddy," she said.

Sophie looked at her daughter shocked. She always thought she hid it well. She missed Brian with all her heart but she had decided it was time to move on. He was not getting out of prison anytime soon so it was easier to forget than cling onto the past.