Chapter 16

"What?" He asked me, acting all innocent but I knew better. As much as I hated Nicole, I knew her. She wouldn't be lying if her friends didn't know. They would be part of the joke and laugh at me, thinking it hurt me so much but little did they know it actually killed me inside.

"You know what! You slept with Nicole while I was dying," I shouted and I could feel the tears starting to form but I tried my hardest to hold them back.

"It wasn't like that. Just let me explain," he said walking over to me.

"Why? So you can tell me a bunch of lies straight to my face. You couldn't even man up to tell me yesterday," I spat.

"Please let me explain. It wasn't like that. I was drunk," he replied.

"So that makes it okay. I don't get it. Why did you have to do that to me?" I asked.

"I- I wasn't thinking straight. I can't stand Nicole. It's you I want. Don't you realise I have fallen completely head over heels for you," he said with sadness in his voice. He grabbed my arm and his hand made it's way to mine and laced them together. "It will always be you."

I pulled my hand away from his grip and he looked shocked but more hurt than anything. I was just so angry that I didn't even care. I felt so betrayed and after everything it hurt even more. All that we had been through and he still choose to hurt me in the most cruel way.

"I should have known not to trust you. I let you in. I told you everything about me and you threw it back in my face. You know how Nicole is with me and you want to know the saddest part about all of this, I've fallen for you," I told him. I turned round and walked out of the room. I felt completely crushed. My heart ached and I knew tears would follow shortly.

"If it helps I thought of you the whole time," he whispered as if I wasn't meant to hear it but I did. I didn't know what to think about that. Should I be glad that he wanted it to be me? However, it still doesn't change the fact he slept with her.

I carried on walking and the corridors were slowly becoming quiet as everybody was going in for their first lesson. I had History first then English. I didn't want to go to either. I was ahead in History so I decided not to go. I need skipped lesson but I just couldn't face it. I walked into the toilets and went into a cubical. I put the seat lid down and sat on it. I let the tears fall freely, not caring if anyone walked in.

The pain in my chest grew as I thought about it more. I let my head fall into my lap and I just sobbed. I was an idiot for ever believing him. I can't belive I let a man hurt me like this. He probably didn't even care for me, it was probably just for sex. That made me feel even more crushed as I thought about all the lies he had told me. I really was stupid.

I got my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. It was half way through the first lesson and I knew I would have to go to English even if i didn't want to due to my days in the hospital I missed some important lessons where as I didn't miss any History.

I unlocked the door and walked over to the sink area. I looked at myself throught the mirror any felt repulsed by what I saw. He could never like someone like me. He was perfect and I was a mess. No matter what I did, I still looked the fat, ugly person I was. I wiped away the black make up that had fallen down my face and pushed my fingers through my hair to make it look presentable.

I took in some deep breaths and walked out of the toliets. I walked down the desolate corridors. I loved it when it was like this. It being quiet was very rare in this building. I had to walk past his classroom to get to History as I did I couldn't help but look into the classroom. He was in there on his own. He must have a free period first. He was sat in his chair totally spaced out. It looked like he was in deep thought about something. Probably trying to think of an excuse to get his way out of this one.