Chapter 4

History was boring as usual. I sat in the back of the class and kept my head down. My thoughts kept landing back on Mr Haner. It was weird. I couldn't build up a relationship with him so I decided to tell him that it was inappropriate to be like this with each other.

Lunch came and I had a few glances from Nicole and her gang. I knew they were talking about me but I couldn't stop them so I just had to ignore their stares. I had no lunch again and my stomach didn't thank me for it. I felt unbelievably sick and my stomach wouldn't stop grumbling. I sat in my normal place which was under a tree. Nobody came here so it was nice to get some peace and quiet. I grabbed my iPod and cranked the volume loud and tried to forget about the world. Right now music was my only escape.

It went by fast and it was now time for English. I had made up my mind that I would keep my distance from him. I really liked him so it wouldn't be easy but it needed to be done. I got up and headed for his room. Nicole was stood outside with a mirror in front of her face. She pushed her hair up with her hands to gain more volume. She pulled her red laced top down to reveal her cleavage even more. She applied a coating of lip gloss and outed up her lips.

I heard her snotty ring through the hallway, "I want to look good for him. I want him to want this." She laughed whilst moving her manicured finger up and down her body. It made me sick how she wanted to play her vile games on him. She did this to most young new teachers. Then, they would end up getting fired because the principal would find out. Somehow she had him wrapped around her little finger and he would always fire the teacher and never kick her out.

One of her friends spoke up, "He will. Who wouldn't?" She reassured Nicole.

"You're right. I'm going to get him in my bed if it's the last thing I do." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes as she walked through the door swaying her hips seductively. I walked in after her and saw Mr Haner writing on the board. I took my usual seat and got my pen out of my bag. Mr Haner turned round and his eyes met mine. A cocky smirk formed on his lips. His eyes broke away from mine as he started to teach.

"Right, we are going to be carrying on with Romeo and Juilet. We are going to be looking at Act One." He said. He grabbed the box of books and started handing them out.

He got to me last and gave me the book. He smiled as I saw something sticking out of it. He walked back to the front of the class and I completely zoned out of his teaching. I opened my book and an envelope fell out and landed on my desk. I put the book down and picked up the envelope. On the front it said "Sophie" and a smiley face. I flipped it over and opened it up. I quickly looked round just to check nobody was looking. They weren't so I pulled out the contents of the envelope. There was a note which I picked up first and read it, "I didn't have anyone to go with either." I then looked at the thing the nite was attached to. It was a ticket to see Escape The Fate in Friday night.

I couldn't believe he gave me a ticket. They were expensive as well. Not to mention it was highly inappropriate to be giving it to me. I couldn't get my head around it. I was so confused. I definitely need to talk to him after class.

The lesson dragged by and I hated every second if it. Every second Nicole would be asking for help because she was stuck. When we all knew she just wanted the attention from Mr Haner. Her hand shot up for the tenth time and she said, "I really don't get all this language. It's too difficult."

Mr Haner laughed and walked over to her. The class was silent so you could hear every word that was being said. "What don't you get? We have been over thus a few times now." He replied. He grabbed a chair an sat down next to her.

She pouted her lips and pressed her cleavage together. He didn't even respond to any of her tricks. He didn't look down once at her cleavage even though if was stuck in his face. "All of it." She said in a whiny voice. "it's too complicated!" She complained.

"Well maybe if you attended you're directed study period. We wouldn't have such a problem." He said. "If you turn up tomorrow I will sit down with you and help you."

"Oh! Thank you Mr Haner." She replied.

He smiled weakly at her and looked over to me. I quickly put my head down not wanting him to know I had been watching him the whole time. It would go to his head. The end of the lesson came and everyone rushed out of the room wanting to get home as quick as they could. I stayed back until everyone had left the classroom and walked over to Mr Haner who sat at his desk.

I chucked the envelope with its contents in front of him. He looked at it the back up at me. He gave me a questioning look and I then I started to speak, "Look, it's really nice of you to offer me a ticket but it's highly inappropriate for me to go to a concert with you."

"I just thought that you would like to go that's all. I had a spare ticket as my friend bailed on me. Him and his girlfriend have more important things to do." He laughed at the last part.

"Well, I can't go. We shouldn't even be like this whatever it is. Your my teacher and I'm your student and it should remain that way. We can't become friends just because you may have helped me a couple of times." I said. I started walking towards the door. I grabbed the door handle and opened the door halfway. "Oh, be careful with Nicole. She isn't really that dumb, she only wants to get in your pants. You are a good teacher and I don't want to see you get messed up by her." I turned back round and left him sitting there in shock.

I walked out if college and it was quiet. I was thankful for it because I needed to avoid Nicole at all costs. She was on a mission to get Mr Haner and if she thought anybody stood in her way, she would crush them. Everyone had already left, even most if the teachers. I got in my car and drove home, hoping my mum wouldn't get too drunk tonight.