Chapter 14

Hey, I hope you like this chapter but please don't hate me for it!! I know people won't like it lol. Oh and this chapter is major Rated R. Let me know what you think!!

--------------------------

Brian's POV

I held her lifeless, fragile body in my arms and there was nothing I could do to save her. I broke my promise to her. I didn't protect her like I should have. How could I have not known that her own mother was hitting her? Or that Nicole was making her life hell? I hated myself for it right now. I did this to her, all because I couldn't see what was in front of me.

Her weak body was completely still, not moving an inch to let me know she was alive. She looked peaceful but it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest everytime I looked at her. The tears rapidly fell from my face as I waited for the ambulance to arrive. I felt agony with every breath as I still held her body tight against my chest. I never wanted to let go. She was in my arms, where she belongs.

Then, two paramedics came through the door and looked at her. They rushed forward and pried her out of my grasp. I watched as they worked on her. They kept trying to bring life back into her but nothing was happening. Her body wasn't responding.

"What's her name?" The female paramedic asked. Her face looked at me with sympathy as she tucked her blond hair behind her ears.

"Sophie." I managed to say. The tears were completely over taking me and I began to feel weak.

The female nodded and turned back around and began compressions on her chest. I knew that there was nothing they could do for her but they tried anyway. I couldn't handle it any longer as I pushed myself off of the ground and walked out of the bathroom door.

I walked down the hall and found her room. I walked in and looked around. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself. All I needed was to get the horrible image of her lifeless body out of my head. I collapsed on her bed and it smelt of her. Her intoxicating smell lingered in the room and it made me forget everything, even my own personal demons. Everything about her gave me hope that my past wouldn't matter anymore and some girl would finally accept me. I got up from the bed and looked around again.

Her desk was in a complete mess as there was open books everywhere. I walked over to it and began looking at her English textbook. It reminded me of when I first met her. She took my breath away from the start and I knew I had to have her. She was beautiful and every time I looked at her it made my heart speed up more than it should. All I wanted was for her to be happy and laughing in my arms again. I knew I should have stayed away from her, I should know by now everything I touch goes wrong and people get hurt.

I carried on looking at her room, I looked at her impressive CD collection that was piled high. You could tell she loved her music and her taste was the exact same as mine. That's when I laid eyes on the guitar pick I caught for her. The memories came flooding back as that was the night I kissed her and confessed my feelings. I would give anything to be able to kiss her again.

I felt more tears fall from my eyes and I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't look at her things or even think about her, the pain was too much and I just wanted to numb it. I ran out of her room and out of the house all together. The cold air hit me and it was a nice feeling. I decided to walk and not take my car. I couldn't be bothered to drive and the state I was in I would probably crash it anyway.

I walked wherever my feet took me and I ended up walking into the main part of town where all the bars were. It was probably a bad idea but right now I needed a drink, a strong one. I walked up to the door of a bar. It was one I had never been in before which was a good thing. It meant they didn't know who I was and they would serve me. I pushed the heavy glass door open and walked in.