Chapter 9

I woke up with an unusual weight on my stomach. I looked around not knowing where I was. I certainly wasn't in my room or my own bed. I looked down at the arm wrapped around me and my heart instantly began racing as I recognised the colourful swirls of ink embedded in his skin. I turned my head to look at him. He looked so innocent and I couldnt help but smile even if in the back of my mind there was this voice screaming it was wrong.

I started tracing the ink on his soft skin. The pattern of all different monsters were mesmirising. His arm moved and he made a noise. I immedietely pulled my fingers away from his skin and looked at him.

He had a smirk on his face and said, "I was rather enjoying that." I laughed and put my fingers back on his arm and started tracing his tattoos again.

"Thank you for everything last night. I dont know what I would have done if you didn't turn up when you did." I said whilst looking into his eyes.

"No problem. I'll always protect you." He said.

I laughed and grabbed my phone which I was thankful I had brought with me last night. I checked the time and it was around eleven in the morning. I started to move my body which I soon realised was a bad idea. Every muscle in my body ached, even places I never had experienced pain there before. I groaned and flopped back down on the bed.

"Let me guess. You are aching everywhere." Brian lightly chuckled.

"Yes I am. It's horrible." I cried.

"Well that's what you get for dancing all last night." He said with a huge smile on his face.

I felt the heat immedietely rise to my cheeks once again. "I hope you are sore too." I immaturely spat back.

He stretched his arms out and made a grunting noise. He was in pain and laughed at him, just like he did too me. He placed his hand down next to mine and that's when I noticed the cuts and bruises that had formed over night. The memory came flooding back to me. I winced at the horrible visions playing in my mind. The way there hands touched me and the slurring voices told me that they wanted me. It sent a disgusted shiver through my entire body.

Brian turned to me quickly noticing that I was in a petrified state. He rolled over so that he was on his side facing me. "Are you OK?" He questioned.

"My mind just keeps going back to last night." I shuddered just by saying the words out loud.

"Come on, forget about last night. I got you in time and I will always protects you no matter what. I will never let you get hurt in the future. I will look out for you whether you like it or not." His hand reached up to meet my cheek. His thumb slowly caressed my skin and wiped away a few tears that had fallen.

I grabbed hold of his hand and examined it. It was in a pretty bad way. All the skin was taken off of his knuckles and bruises had formed around them. The wounds looked dirty as well. "We need to get this cleaned up. Where do you keep all of your first aid stuff?" I asked.

"In the bathroom." He replied.

I pulled the covers off of me and got out of his bed. I tugged on his hand signalling for him to come with me. He crawled out of the bed and pointed me towards the bathroom. We walked in and he closed the lid of the toilet and plonked down. I searched in the cabinet for an alcohol free wipe and some bandages.

I sat down on the floor next to him. He held out his hands for me to work on them. I got the wipe and started softly wiping the cuts. He flinched at the pain and I automatically stopped not wanting to hurt him. "Sorry." I stated.

"It's alright. Carry on. The pain just caught me off guard." He laughed.

I laughed too as we both knew that wasn't true. I quickly finished wiping up the cuts and then placed a bandage around them to stop it getting infected. Once I was done I stood up and placed what I hadn't used back into the cabinent. I looked at him and walked back over to him. He opened his arms for me. I sat down on his lap and cuddled into his chest. I took in his intoxicating smell of cigarettes and his natural scent.

"What are we going to do?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He questioned back.

"You know what I mean. You kissed me and the last time I checked teachers aren't allowed to do that to their students." I told him.

"Well you're 19 which means it's not illegal. We aren't doing anything wrong." He pleaded.

"Yes but you could still get fired or even worse. I don't want to be responsible for that." I replied and I truly didn't want to be the person that ended his career.

"We won't get caught then." He laughed.

"But what if we do? What would happen then?" I questioned.

"Well we will cross that bridge when we come to it." He said.

"But I couldn't live with myself if I knew I was the reason you got stopped from doing a job you love. I can see it in your eyes when you teach. It would haunt me knowing that." I told him.

"I'll be fine. We can be together and I can still teach. Nobody has to know." He said.

"I can't. We can't." I said.

I lifted my head off of his chest and pulled out of his grip. I started walking out of the bathroom and I could feel his intense gaze on me as I walked away from him. I walked back to the spare room and got changed out of Brian's clothes and into the ones I wore last night. I folded his clothes up and took them Into his room and placed them on the bed. I grabbed my phone off of the table and walked downstairs wondering where he had got to.

"Brian?" I shouted.

"In the kitchen." He replied.

I followed his voice seen as I want too sure where the kitchen was in his house. I opened the door and there stood Brian over a oven. The scrumptious smell of pancakes invaded my nostrils making my mouth water. I must have taken forever upstairs for him to have made food.

He turned round and placed a plate of pancakes on the black gloss counter. "What's all this?" I asked.

"Food. I dont want you to starve." He replied.

I sat down on one of the stools and I started eating the pancakes. They were amazing. The delicious flavours pushed through my tongue and it was a relief to have some decent food for once. "I didn't know you could cook." I stated.

"You never asked." He replied sarcastically.

I laughed, "I guess I didn't. I actually don't know you that well to be honest."

"Well maybe you should get to know me better. How about tonight?" He asked.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks even though I knew I should say no, my body had different plans. I composed myself and said, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Really? Its just one night." He tried to persuade me.

"We could be seen by some one who goes to the same college." I suggested trying to find reasons to get out of it. I did want to say yes but I guess I was so scared of actually beginning to like him and then getting hurt.

"We won't. I'll make sure of it." He said with a smirk plastered over his thin lips. He arched his eyebrow and said, "I won't take no for an answer."

"Fine." I spat back whilst rolling my eyes at him.

-------------------------

Thanks for reading. Sorry it's a late update. Let me know what you think and I will try and upload tomorrow. Seeing your feedback makes my day so do it!! :)