36: Our Little Awkward Austin

"It's a bummer," I huffed lying down on my stomach. "I'm the only one who you can't make a nickname out of."

Cassandra pulled her legs to her chest, "Is it short for Clarice or Clarity?" she asked while biting her Crunchie.

"No!" I growled getting back up. My stomach hurt already.

Us girls were in Cassandra's house having a weird sleepover. While apparently Fox is out with the guys probably going to have a "man-over" as Cassandra had worded.

Here we are in her baby blue room with stashes of sweets on the floor in between us.

"Yeah I mean that's true, you can't even mash your and Kyle's names together. The best you make is basically Klaire!" Saffron agreed.

I nodded but then took a double take, "What?!" But I really do agree with that. What about our second names? Dalton + Victoria = Daltoria. Yeah that works.

She rolled her eyes, "What and ever Claire! We all saw it happening!" I looked at Nicole and Cassandra to see them also nodding and shrugging.

I mean yeah I'm in love with the guy, but do I tell them? They are like my friends now, they tell me things and it's only fair if I tell them things too.

So I sighed running a hand through my hair, "Yeah, should've told you guys sooner, I mean I am in love with him, and it is--"

"What?!" they all cried in shock.

I rolled my eyes, "I thought you knew!" There goes my plan of making it out subtle.

"Yeah but not love!" Nicole emphasised.

I sheepishly smiled, "I have a lot to fill you guys on..." I started off with how everything started again, then our almost-kiss, then mine and Brent's talk finishing off with my confession.

I didn't however mention his family or his emotions because it kind of seemed like something only we should know about.

"Wow..." was all Cassandra said after my thirty minute rant.

I frowned, "I know. Now I'm a bridesmaid in his brother's wedding. The money raising is almost finished, just as I thought I could get away from him, I'm magically drawn to him!" I cried throwing my arms up in annoyance.

Cassandra shrugged, "Hmm. Scientific facts that you two are written in the stars," she stated smiling happily making me roll my eyes. "C'mon I mean the more you move away from him, the more he comes back. Coincidence? I think not!" she smiled happily clapping her hands.

Although I wanted to fight with her and disbelief everything she said, I didn't. Because I couldn't.

Maybe Kyle and I aren't meant to be together. Maybe we're friends? I don't know, but whatever it is, I know it's surely important because I'm always drawn back to him for some unknown magical reason.

I love Kyle, and I can't help but get drawn back to him.  I hate it but I love it. I love him.

"What ever Miss Caustin," I huffed crossing my arms giving up to the fight.

"Oh!" Nicole smirked wagging her brows. "Now this is something I definitely want to know and hear about!" she said crossing her arms while extending her legs onto my lap.

Cassandra scowled at me, "I hate you." But I smiled in return. She threw a popcorn at me yet laughed a little. "So my turn huh?" she asked and thought about it. "Well, I love him and--"