21: The Awkward Attention

Sunday was one hell of a ride. Jacob and Max had come over for family dinner. To say it was one weird night. I mean Vicki got along with everyone and it surprised them all. Also Max and Vicki...I'm sensing something new there.

Aunt J and Uncle Jo went ballistic once they noticed Jacob had come. So that's when all the adults, Tori, Jacob and I had gone into the dining room for a "talk". Course I being I had explained everything from the start. Everyone had approved Jacob once they realised how patient and well being he was.

Tori and Jacob owe me big time.

Not only that but Kyle had called me numerous times, I did batter Clarke for giving my number! Anyway, Kyle kept calling and texting till I answered. Since I took so long apparently I am getting a punishment and now am meeting him at the park later on today. I don't consider that as a punishment. So hah!

Now we commence Monday, lunch of course.

We all sat down silently waiting for Cassandra who just walked in. "Hey," I greeted casually as she sat down.

"Hi, sorry Kylie needed some help," she explained putting her bag down.

I shrugged, "No problemo!" I looked at the papers, "I came in a little early and did all the money counting. So from our nine hundred and eighty four dollars plus twenty eight cents, we had used one hundred and fifty for the food and stuff. But then we added a load more with out garage sale, the cookie sale, us going around and Cassandra's amazing donation which we are so damn grateful for," I smiled at her which she actually returned. "So, at the moment...we now have..."

"Say it!" Fox exclaimed getting a little jumpy.

I grinned widely, "Six thousand and one hundred!" I screamed. The others cheered hugging each other and started to cheer. Someone hugged me and I hugged them back. It was Cassandra. But we were both so happy that we ended up hugging again and smiling.

Saffron squealed, "That's way more than last week!"

Clarke hugged her picking her off the ground, "So close!" I laughed at how they looked at each other once he put her down.

I felt someone picking me up from the ground, "We made six thousand Claire Bear!" Austin laughed.

"No kidding!" So we celebrated for another five or so minutes till we slowly calmed down.

Fox gasped, "Guys! I have an important announcement!" he bit his lip excited. "My dad gave me this voucher to auction off," he started, "it's a one month free membership at the sports centre for three hours a day with your own trainer."

I gasped and fived him, "Fox that's amazing! You're amazing!" the others shrugged wanting to laugh.

Fox scoffed, "Duh, I'm the Fox!" he stated making us roll our eyes.

I smiled, "So since it's yours, how do you want to do it?" I asked sitting back down.

He shrugged and handed it over, "I got it in, you could decide how."

I pursed my lips, "Okay, but how much will the raffles or whatever be?" I asked.

Cassandra raised her arm up, "Smith has a book of raffles, maybe we could put like a unique stamp on it so no-one cheats?" she suggested filing her nails.

Saff nodded, "Good point. Should we go ask for the book and stamp?" she asked. Cassandra shrugged and got up to go with Saff. Hey, now Cassandra being normal still hasn't fit into mind.

Clarke eyebrows were creased to show he was in thinking mode, that's a first. "How about ten bucks? It's a really big prize so it's worth it," he stated.