41: This Will Be Awkward

Firstly I just want to apologise to all you patient people! My Chrome wasn't working with this Java crap and it's adverts D: I deleted it and blah blah now I'm not allowed on sites, eg Wattpad. But yeah it's fixed now! I know it's probably boring, but trust me, the next few chapters are going to be...interesting. Updates are back to normal 2-3 days I update :') Thankyou all again! Enjoy!

41:This Will Be Awkward

Clarke told me to let some steam off because the next day, well today I seemed really anxious and weird. So I decided to take my motorbike for a change...it's been three months since I rode this. Damn. So I'd given Clarke to take the briefcase into school because I didn't want to lose it or get it stolen off me.

Everyone stared at me in the parking lot as I got off my motorbike and headed in school motionless, almost like a zombie ignoring everyone's snubby comments.

I threw my leather jacket in my locker but left my grey hoodie on and pulled the hood back over my head. Don't judge me, I didn't sleep I just cried silently while eating ice cream, that also explains my sore throat.

I wiped my nose with a tissue and headed to homeroom slumping my head on the desk. And I stayed like that through all my morning lessons.

When it was finally lunch, I was ready to get this over with since I was mentally preparing everything all morning. I was late as I saw everyone already here, except Kyle was looking down at the table.

Clarke tsked, "You look like hell!" he pointed out. The girls sent me a small apologetic smile but it didn't help at all.

I cleared my throat, "I'm ill!" I hissed but it didn't come out as loud as I would've hoped. "Before we start anything, I just want to say that these past three months have been pretty hectic and life changing for all of us, and we could all admit that," I said laughing quietly. "At first none of us wanted to be here or couldn't stand each other, but now we're basically closer than ever."

I paused fiddling with my hands again.

"Thank you guys for helping me these past three months with something you weren't even involved in from the start. I appreciate everything from you guys including your time, work and friendship," I finished getting the briefcase out.

I didn't expect anything but they all ended up clapping, Kyle included but he still didn't face me.

Then Cassandra got up and hugged me. "You brought Austin and I together, the least I could give is friendship and my help!" she said hugging me tighter.

Fox nodded, "Claire's right. Because through this weirdness, we all found friendship in each other and helped each other through so much that none of us could have imagined. Here's to us!" he laughed raising his Fanta bottle in the air as all of us laughed at him.

I'm going to miss this...

"Now for the long awaited moment..." I quietly sighed getting the note out. "We made fifty-one thousand and a half dollars!" I finally said holding my ears because I knew what was coming next.

Cheering, whooping, screaming, crying, applause and talking. Everyone was being embraced in hugs, I'm pretty sure we were all just hugging and celebrating randomly.

That was until I caught Kyle's eye. I wanted to say something but I remembered what Clarke said, so I turned away.

With all the celebration going on, we hadn't noticed that Princaple Smith had walked in and blew a whistle nearly giving me a heart attack, the others too I'm assuming.

"What is this racket about?!" he asked massaging his temples. "And Claire please do not make another sex comment!" he quickly said before I could even open my mouth. But I did sheepishly smile a little because it was pretty funny.