46: One Awkward Year

My eyes fluttered open adjusting to the light beam that came through the curtains. I stretched yawning a little and realised that Kyle wasn't here anymore. After a few minutes or so I got up and fixed the bed frowning, his bag wasn't here anymore either...

So I headed to the bathroom hoping he was there, but he wasn't. So I decided to wash my face and brush my teeth then headed back out.

I searched the kitchen, front room and balcony. He was gone!

Tears filled up my vision as I couldn't hold it in anymore, I fell to my knees and ended up crying in the middle of the bedroom because he was gone.

Was this really too much for him? Too much responsibility? Too much commitment?

I crawled on top of the bedroom and held his pillow in my arms as I began to sob in it.

"Claire?"

My head shot up, "K-Kyle?" I asked shocked sniffling and  wiping some tears.

Concern took over and he sat down next to me and held my face, "What's wrong?" he asked. He bit his lip and something flashed in his eyes, "I won't leave you Claire..."

I rubbed my eyes, "I know. I'm so stupid! It's just that everything was gone and I didn't know you know..." I trailed calming down a little as he held me close to his chest.

"Yeah, I should've left a note or something," he trailed sheepishly and I laughed a little. "Besides!" he said getting up. "Because I'm the worst and best boyfriend ever, I went to your house to get you some clothes," he said giving me the bag.

I slapped my forehead, "I'm the worst girlfriend ever, you're the best boyfriend," I said guiltily looking at the bag. I groaned slapping my head, "God I probably sounded like those whiny cranky possessive obsessive girlfriends."

Again he laughed a little, "No, I should have left you a note," he said taking his jacket off and lying down on the bed. I lied down besides him and snuggled to his chest and he held me closer. "You're my girlfriend I'd do the same to you."

"I wish I woke up besides you..." I whispered trailing my finger on his stomach smiling.

"Want to go back to sleep and do it all over again?" he asked happily.

I looked up and smiled, "Elyar Fox!" He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, no I want some breakfast first!" I said pulling him up.

"Room service duh!" he scoffed picking the phone up.

After he ordered our breakfast which was pancakes, ice-cream and cola (we are so healthy...), we put the bedroom TV on and ate our food while watching drama unfold on The Jeremy Kyle Show.

"Put the ice-cream on the pankcake!" I instructed grinning at Kyle.

He wrinkled his nose, "Sick."

"I mix and match my food all the time."

"I know, sick!" he reminded with a smirk. I flicked him on the head and began eating again. "You're so cute in my tee you know?" he asked trailing patterns on my shoulder as he was done. I put my tray down on the desk then went back to sit.

I smiled a little and leaned back, "Can we think of this as our first date?" I asked looking up at him.

"Whatever you want," he agreed lowering his head down and pressing his lips to mine. I smiled and pulled him closer as--

"DUDE! YOU'D NEVER BELIEVE--Urgh!" Immediately Kyle and I broke apart and glared at Clarke who was standing in the doorway covering his eyes. "Is the sexual intercourse done? I mean I really expected more from my sister and--"