Bonus Chapter : The Naming Ceremony

My dearest grandmother strutted through the door without any greeting, her sagging chin held high up and her red coloured lips drawn into a thin line. She was nearing eighty years and still was dressed ostentatiously in a tight, black mini-skirt, red tube top with a denim jacket, fishnet stockings and black sandals with block heels. She thrusted the innumerable paper bags which contained gifts for her great grandchildren to the nanny and me and brushed past me like she owned the damn place.

Robert was dressed modestly in a striped shirt and trousers as he emerged through the door. My dearest grandmother was already complaining about the crummy place and I stood frozen on my spot, flabbergasted by their sudden arrival. Robert hugged me and then Clark while patting his back affectionately, talked to us for a few seconds and I managed to crack a smile, until my grandmother called him dramatically like those old-fashioned wives calling their husbands in soap operas.

As Robert strode towards her, I pulled down Clark by his collar and hissed, "What is this?"

"What?" he asked innocently, his eyebrows knotting in perplexion.

"You called them? I mean I'm okay with Robert, of course, he must come, but her? Why did she come?"

"They're your grandparents, Georgia and they have a right to--- "

"Alright, alright." I sighed and released his collar. "She better not screw anything up, this is my father's home. He's already still mad at Robert for the entire abandoning my mum thing and if she'll go on complaining about his house, he'll flip out."

"Don't worry, it'll be alright," he murmured while pulling me close to him and kissed my forehead lovingly. I melted into a puddle as I snuggled closer to him, placing my head against the soft beats of his heart. I wasn't a good mother because I had so much difficulty connecting with my babies, especially my baby girl. She was so boisterous and nobody could calm her like Clark. Clark was a natural father and immediately bonded with the babies, like he had known them for a long time.

"Let's go daddy Brownie," I teased playfully, my lips curling into a whimsical smile and he glared at me. Ah, the bliss of love . . .

"Awh, my back hurts. Why didn't you two keep this ceremony thing back in London? Robert and I had to fly all the way from there and now I'm so tired," my grandmother whined, purposely acting snobby as Robert dotingly squeezed her shoulders.

"You weren't invited," I muttered and she quirked an eyebrow in question. Clark elbowed me so I grudgingly added, "Even we flew all the way from London with our babies. We just wanted my town people to see them since all can't afford to fly."

My darling grandmother ignored my reason completely as she sauntered towards the cute cribs. "Ah, here are my lovely great grandchildren! They're so beautiful!" She gazed at the babies while tickling each of them under their chin and then she turned to me, putting up a saccharine smile. "Nice luck that they don't look like you, Georgia."

"Oh, grandmother, nice luck that you lived to see my babies," I remarked, mirroring her expression smugly when I noticed her eyes widen just for a second before she composed her posture.

"My baby boy!" she exclaimed in a shrill voice, picking my baby girl up and my hands balled into fists.

"That's my baby girl," I corrected through gritted teeth and Clark wrapped his arms around my waist tightly from behind, before I could knock that old hag down.

* * *

My dad's house, although way smaller than Clark and my house back in London, looked extremely stunning with the dainty decorations. So many maids, chefs and servants had worked hard to clean the house until it was spotless, put fairy lights outside the house and on the roof, adorn the ceilings and walls with little butterflies and flowers like structures from golden paper, fix additional lights in the house to brighten the space and prepare a large spread of delicious food and drinks.