Chapter 55 : Possessive Alpha Male

"You don't have a girlfriend?" I asked Ian while taking off my shades, coolly  sipping cold lemonade like it was some expensive champagne and leaned against the tree.

We were now sitting in Ian's backyard and were almost done with our picnic lunch. Ian's mum and I casually chatted about our town while Ian simply listened, occasionally responding. Unfortunately, halfway through the lunch, Ian's mum felt sick again so he had to help her inside the house. Now, only Ian and I were continuing with our little picnic under the giant oak tree which occupied most of the place in the backyard.

"No, never had the time to find a girlfriend." Ian shrugged nonchalantly and I nodded in understanding.

I bit into my large sandwich and chewed in delight, when suddenly Ian pointed over my mouth and chuckled. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I swallowed my sandwich and brought my hand over my mouth. I gave him a perplexed look and asked flippantly, "What?"

"You got mayo all over your mouth," he said humorously and I rolled my eyes while wiping it clumsily with my fingers. "There's some . . . there," he said, smiling and lifted his hand towards my face.

No, no, no, no! If I was not wrong, by the look on his face and how his eyes twinkled with a certain amount of intensity as his gaze flickered to my lips, I knew exactly what was going to happen next. And for the first time in my life, I wanted to be wrong in my judgement. Very wrong. I truly did, but unfortunately I wasn't, because the next moment he leaned towards me.

His lips touched mine before I could try to escape. He caught my chin with one hand and his other hand cupped my cheek. His warm lips softly caressed mine and I sat frozen on my spot. I didn't want to push him away and hurt him, he was my friend and especially at this time when he was going through so much, he needed comfort. But at the same time, I felt immense guilt. I felt like I betrayed a particular handsome, sexy man . . .

My lips were parted so his tongue slid in easily. He kissed me so softly and almost hesitantly, like he was unsure of my reaction. I limply sat there, resting against the tree and my body rigid. It wasn't like he was a bad kisser, in fact his kiss was sweet that would make any girl's heart flutter, but not mine. Mine was already taken . . .

His hands disappeared into my frizzy hair and I silently prayed that his fingers shouldn't get stuck in my stubborn knots or else the situation would be more awkward than it already was.

Slowly, Ian pulled away and gingerly caught my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles softly, all the while his eyes were locked into mine. Slowly, he let go of my hand while smiling ruefully, as if he knew that I didn't like to kiss him. His face fell. I bit my bottom lip nervously and cracked a half-smile.

"You love Clark . . . " he murmured as if in realization and my eyes widened.

"What? L-love? Nooo!" I exclaimed and hurriedly got up. "I don't love Clark, I don't even like him!"

"Then why are you running away?"

"I'm not!" I lied and abruptly stopped running. "I'm sorry Ian, I got to go. I remembered some important work---"

"George, you don't need to lie. Talk to me," Ian said patiently and warily tried to approach me, but I took a couple of steps back.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Ian." I smiled apologetically and fanned myself, suddenly feeling hot and suffocated. "It's just that my emotions are all over the place and I don't know what to do. I shouldn't be so dramatic and freaking out, but I don't know. I'm sorry to leave like this, but I promise we'll talk soon. We will."

Ian smiled faintly in response, his eyes shiny and I ran out of his backyard and onto the street. I didn't know why I was freaking out, but I was. The thought of loving Clark? Pfft, I didn't love him. Georgia Brooks, the notorious tomboy just messed with people, she wasn't capable of falling in love, was she?

Suddenly, I bumped into someone and looked up only to find Clark intensely staring down at me. What the hell was he doing here? He tried to catch me, but I flinched away from his touch. He cocked his head in question and I swallowed hard. My throat was parched as I felt the immense weight of guilt on my shoulders. I shouldn't have let Ian kiss me.

"What did you say?" Clark asked, suddenly in anger and my dumb self realized that I had said that out loud.

I stuttered miserably, "N-nothing."

"Bullshit, tell me right now what did you say?" Clark asked again in a more lower, colder tone which made me shudder in fear. He tightly squeezed my arms and pulled me closer to him. "Don't fucking make me repeat, Georgia."

"Fine, I let Ian kiss me! Is that a big deal now?" I snapped and immediately regretted when I saw Clark's eyes darken in pure rage.

"I fucking told him to stay away," he grunted and shoved me away only to stalk towards Ian's house in fury.

I launched towards him and climbed on Clark's back like an expert monkey to stop him. "Stop! Stop with this nonsense! And don't you dare hurt Ian!"

He whirled around causing me to fall on the street with a loud thud. I was grateful that the street was deserted enough during noon so that there were no spectators to enjoy our little show.

Clark caught my chin harshly and his eyes bore into mine. My breath hitched and he whispered darkly, "I'll deal with you later."

With that he turned around and briskly walked towards Ian's house. I wasn't going to give up, so I sprang to my feet in determination to stop him. I ran towards him and forcefully grabbed his arm.

"It was just a short kiss, cool down! And don't go there, please don't go. Ian's mum is sick. I don't want her to be disturbed by whatever all this is. So please . . . " I almost begged softly feeling like a huge truck ran over my pride, but I shook my thoughts away and focused on Clark.

He seemed to understand because he immediately halted and looked at me in anger. His jaw hardened and he was so stiff when I wrapped my arms around his waist, to drag him away.

"Come on, don't act like a stick has been shoved up your ass and move your butt!" I cursed, but he didn't budge and instead, glared at me.

"I'll deal with you later, Georgia," he whispered darkly, my name rolling smoothly on his tongue like velvety chocolate and a chill ran down my spine. My eyes widened and his lips twitched upwards. He whispered again, in a barely audible voice, "Later."