Chapter 54 : A Furry Little Kitten

"Hey, what happened?" I asked Clark who shut his phone off in frustration and furiously shoved it in his pocket.

We were now sitting in Clark's car thinking of where to go for lunch before that 'business' phone call came like a tornado.

"Just business," he muttered while keeping one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand pinching the bridge of his perfectly shaped nose.

If only he knew how sexy he looked right now . . .

Clark looked incredibly delicious when he was angry. His dark hair was disheveled like always and his thick eyebrows drawn into a panty-dropping frown. He was clad in a white dress shirt and black pants which he had worn for a meeting earlier and that just made him look hotter. His sleeves were rolled up and a tie hung loosely around his neck. He wore a silver Rolex watch which crossed the line for someone being extremely sexy.

My legs were wide open and a song played in my mind, snapping me out of my trance.

Twinkle, twinkle little whore,
Close your legs it's not a door.

"Georgia?" Clark touched my thigh softly and I squealed.

Clark quirked an eyebrow in question and I shrugged. "What? Hands off, you're too close. That's a dangerous territory down there, a jungle of my emotions, the deepest pit of my dark, dirty desires, a furry, little kitten since I haven't shaved---"

"Stop," he grumbled and lifted his hand off my thigh. "I get it, just stop."

"Do you want to lighten your mood? You seem pissed and I know a place where you'll feel at peace. Come, let's go there," I suggested excitedly.

"Georgia---"

"So, I was planning to shave my furry, little kitten, but I'm so scared. I don't want damage my goods and---"

"Alright, let's go," Clark cut me off quickly and I grinned triumphantly.

He drove his simple Nissan car and I showed him the direction regardless of the presence of GPS navigation system. Clark was quite humble and down to earth for someone with immense amount of wealth. I had never seen him boast about his huge property or flash his billionaire status. He had his moments of being cocky and arrogant like all the other guys. But he was a good, genuine man who barely cared about materialistic possessions. I think that quality he imbibed as a child since he was an orphan with no money.

He was a genius who worked his way up, humble, super handsome, super sexy, super rich, he could cook like a chef . . .

"This is where you wanted to come?" Clark asked and his forehead creased.

"Yep." I unbuckled my seatbelt and slid out of the car.

Clark got out too and slowly stretched himself. I watched his muscles flex and sensually bit my bottom lip. Clark noticed me and looked close to being amused or creeped out while I winked at him.

He strode towards me and gave me a perplexed look. "Why did you bring me here?"

I tugged at his arm and said, "Come, let's go in. You'll feel calm. I always come here when I'm in distress."

His eyes narrowed, shooting me an incredulous look. "To a church?"

"Yeah duh, I may not look religious, but I do like going to one. It's nice to think that someone is up there to hear and tolerate our bullshit. Now come on, let's go," I repeated and pulled his arm again. His jaw clamped shut and I tilted my head. "You don't want to come, do you?"

"No," he said bluntly and hastily added, "It's not like that."

"Are you of some other faith?" I asked and he shook his head. "Are you an atheist?" He shook his head yet again and his jaw clenched tightly. "Then what, is there some sort of temporary disconnection between you and God?"

"Something like that," he mumbled in embarrassment.

"It's okay, I understand. I felt the same way after my mum died, although your reason might be different. Religion cannot be forced. It comes out of love and when you find that love, I know you'll be here." I tapped his heart gently while smiling at his confused-cute expression, turned around and walked into the church.

It was so silent and peaceful. I sat on the bench and quietly prayed for some time. I prayed for my crumbling future and that I wanted to make my dad, mum and everyone proud. I prayed for my dad and his growing stress over me. I prayed for my brother Zach and his future marriage with Ally. I prayed for Ian and his kind, ill mum. I prayed for my mum and to bring justice to her untimely death.

At least, one of my prayers should be heard by God . . .

I sauntered out of church, feeling calm and peaceful. I needed some time there considering how chaotic I was. Clark was leaning against his car and looked up from his phone when I climbed down the stairs. His gaze was not fixated on my face, but somewhere much lower at my bouncing breasts.

I grinned and remarked, "Interested in my puppies, I see."

"Wh-what?" he stuttered and cleared his throat awkwardly while meeting my eyes. "We're standing right outside the church, Georgia. It's disrespectful."

"And that didn't stop you from ogling at my pups, did it?" I waggled my eyebrows suggestively and Clark flashed a tight smile to a priest passing by who probably heard us considering how he was glowering.

"Very well, let's go," he hissed flippantly and dragged me inside the car.

His little finger twitched in annoyance and just when he was about to start driving, I teased, "You don't know how hot you look when you're mad. You can pound that anger into me baby---"

"Jesus, shut up! We're right outside a holy place," Clark interjected and clamped his large hand over my mouth.

"Nu-huh, you were the one not being a gentleman and staring at my pups," I murmured against his warm hand.

"Alright, I'm sorry," he admitted in a low voice and sulked. "I apologised, what else do you want me to do?"

"How about we do this?"

"Do what?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion when I leaned towards him. He tensed a little as I slightly brushed my lips against his soft, delicious ones and he breathed, "Georgia, we can't. We're right outside. We can't do this, how about we---"

"How about we go back in the church and praise the Lord together?" I jested, leaned back on the chair coolly leaving a more frustrated, bothered and hot Clark.

"Not funny," he grumbled and I burst out laughing.

* * *

A/N :

Only a few more chapters and we'll be done!