Chapter 6 : Miserable First Date

"You two can always go out, you know what I mean Clark?" Greta suggested him and I giggled unnecessarily. Clark was sprawled on the couch and I was lying sloppily on the cold floor. Greta stuffed things in her tote bag and looked at me. "I'm going for some work now, so come on honey, get up and take Clark along with you. Show him the town."

I whined, "It's so hot outside . . . I'll probably get a heatstroke and die!"

"Nothing of that sort is going to happen. Besides, Clark will buy you icecream, won't you?" Greta said and Clark groaned. It seemed like he didn't want to be outside either. This made me want to go out and gobble up some free icecream just to annoy him. Before I could inform Greta about the change in my mood, she kicked us out of the house.

"Well then, we should just walk around and besides I have to buy some stuff from the grocery store. So let's go there," I stated and Clark nodded. While walking, I asked him, "You want to know the history of this town?"

Clark looked horrified. He shook his head in denial and I grinned. I loved to irritate him so I continued talking, "Of course you want to know! So tell me where I should begin . . . "

* * *

Clark bought me two scoops of delicious, creamy, smooth hazelnut icecream which shut my mouth immediately. I licked my icecream and waved blithely at my neighbours and town people.

"Who's that handsome lad with you darling?" sexy Captain Buoford called aloud. I glanced at Clark and he didn't say anything.

"He's Brownie Captain, but as far as I know, he's not gay," I shouted and Captain looked a bit dejected.

"How unfortunate, but if you change your mind call me!" he said cheerfully and winked at Clark.

Clark's neck turned red. I giggled and bit the nut in my icecream. The girls around too kept hitting on Clark. I was enjoying to witness him getting harrassed by the town people. We entered the supermarket and I wheeled the shopping cart. Clark followed me wherever I went to avoid the suggestive looks that girls and some guys gave him. I went towards the bathroom necessities section and eyed the products carefully.

"Brownie, pass me those pads," I said nonchalantly. The look on Clark's face was priceless. "Come on, I can't reach till there so hand over those pads," I repeated. He cleared his throat awkwardly and lifted the packet. He held it for some time and then carelessly tossed it in the cart.

Clark tried to escape and I quickly caught his arm. I maintained an eye contact and began talking, "Don't you know that women bleed?"

"What?" Clark looked puzzled. I tried not to laugh and continued talking about menstruation and puberty in girls right in the middle of the store. The people around tried their best to ignore us and I was yelling at Clark to not be awkward about the biological shit. He was looking down, his hands clenched into fists. He was definitely pissed and I controlled not to laugh.

"I know about all this so stop right now," Clark said in a dangerously, low voice through gritted teeth.

"Good. Anyway, I was just messing with you. I don't want these pads. I came here only for a bubblegum."

Clark was seething. He gripped my arm tightly and dragged me to the counter. I was laughing all the way.

"Good evening lovelies, what is your and Madam's good name?" the pretty girl at counter asked Clark seductively. I was checking some candies and immediately rushed to counter.