Chapter 52 : Are You A Virgin?

"Peaches? What is there in your mouth?" I asked, my forehead creasing as I approached her.

We were now back in town at Clark's house just baby sitting Peaches and Kyle. Clark was teaching Kyle to throw a ball at a perfect aim in the backyard while I was in with Peaches just watching television and lazing around.

Peaches was attempting to tear a small packet with her teeth and I narrowed my eyes. I blinked at the packet and at her rapidly, rubbing my eyes to make sure I was not hallucinating. Peaches had a condom packet in her mouth and I quickly snatched it from her.

"What are you doing with this?!" My mouth hung wide open and her innocent, curious eyes bore into me.

She questioned in her squeaky voice, "Why?"

"It's too early for you!" I exclaimed and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"But eets chocolate," she insisted and pointed, "It says choco, I can read it!"

Chocolate flavoured condom, damn it.

"But this isn't what it looks like, honey. I'll buy you another bar of chocolate---"

"No, I want this one!" She puffed air into her rosy cheeks so it looked like two furious, red balloons.

"But I'll buy you a big one, a big chocolate. This is so small," I reasoned out and she still looked unconvinced. I took her silence as an opportunity to distract her from wanting that thing. "Anyway, where did you find this?"

"From Bownie's pocket," she replied nonchalantly and my eye twitched in sudden rage.

"CLARK AIDEN BROWN! COME RIGHT IN YOU KINKY-ASS MOTHERF---"

"Jesus, what happened Georgia?" Clark rushed in from the backdoor, concern and worry etched in his features. His eyes darted to Peaches and then settled on me. "Language, Georgia. Kids are around."

I placed my hands on my hips and my lips curled into a mocking smile. "Language, huh?"

I wanted to roast his ass off, pull him by the collar and demand answers, but then I realized Peaches was still in the room. I turned to her and said, "Brownie and I'll be back in a minute, you stay here, okay?"

Sh shrugged, her eyes already searching for a shiny object to play with. Clark would probably not be back considering how pissed I was, but I didn't say that.

I stormed out of the room knowing that Clark would follow me. Once we were out of Peaches' hearing range, I grabbed Clark's hand and thrusted the condom packet on his palm.

"What is this?!" I asked, irritation and annoyance lacing my voice while Clark's ears tinged a light shade of pink. "Have you been whoring around, Brownie dear?"

"No, I uh . . . " he trailed off and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Go on, tell me how many women you slept with," I spat out in disgust and a strange sense of betrayal. "Go on---"

"It's nothing like that, alright?" He ran a hand through his sexy, dark hair in frustration. "I had gone to this business partner's bachelor party last night and there they gave this. And as for how many women I slept with, it's none of your damn business."

"Rude, much?" I remarked and he ignored me. A part of me was dancing in delight that he wasn't sleeping around, but a part of me wanted to know his sexual history badly. Desperately. "Are you a virgin?"

He scoffed and replied, "No."

I swallowed a lump formed in my throat as I eyed him curiously. "So, how many women have you slept with?"

"That's none of your concern," he said dismissively and I pouted.

"You know I wouldn't budge until you answer me. I'll keep pestering you like a bee."

"Fine," he mumbled and his jaw clenched tightly. "One."

"Only one?" I gasped since I expected more. Way more. "Was that Ally?"

"Enough now," he said sternly, hiding the embarrassment in his voice and I knew it had to be Ally. "Let's go back to the kids."

I didn't utter a word and quietly walked alongside Clark towards the backyard from where we heard childlike giggles and laughter. Peaches and Kyle were playing with Clark's pet dog slash bitch slash beast. The beast stopped chasing the kids when she noticed us, or more precisely when she noticed me.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath and hid behind Clark feeling a sense of déjà vu. "Brownie, tame your bitch! She's always after my ass."

"Language," he muttered again and quickly took hold of the beast's leash before it could pounce on me. I had my arms firmly wrapped around Clark's waist from behind and the beast didn't seem to like it. She growled low like she was possessive of Clark and jealous of me. I smirked, but internally shook my head at how much competition I had to face everyday.

My competitions :

1. Attractive women [Clark mostly brushed them off, phew]

2. Clark's pet beast [He didn't seem very attached to it]

3. And oranges [No explanation needed for this one]

* * *

I rang the bell and within seconds, I was greeted by Ian. I beamed at him and he smiled, but not cheerfully. I could notice how tired and exhausted he looked, there were dark bags beneath his eyes like he hadn't slept in ages.

"We hadn't talked in a while, so I thought I would drop by to meet my friend," I said blithely and he leaned against the door. "Are you busy, Ian?"

"No, not much." He shrugged and I raised my eyebrow. His shoulders sagged and he crossed his arms against his chest while slowly checking me out from top to bottom.

"Can I come in, then?" I asked dubiously, avoiding his burning gaze and he chuckled softly.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, making space for me to enter. "I'm sorry I never asked."

"Nah, it's cool---"

"It's just that you look so breathtakingly beautiful and I'm hardly able to see you these days," he explained and I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"You would never stop being so sweet, would you?"

"It's only the truth."

"And why have you been so busy lately?" I asked and followed him to the living room. He suddenly halted by the door and I peeked from above his shoulder. There was a frail, pale woman sitting on the sofa by the window wrapped in a large, comfy blanket with a dusty, old book in her hand. She slowly turned towards us and smiled warmly. I immediately recognized this woman as Ian's kind mom.

But what was disturbing was that her head was shaved completely and she looked extremely weak.

Cancer. She was dying.