Epilogue- You Are My Serendipity!!!!

AnnaI get out of the car, with the bouquet of daisies in my hand

Anna
I get out of the car, with the bouquet of daisies in my hand. Pushing the big iron gates, I make my way inside. I place the flowers on the tomb and stand back looking at his grave. The words inscribed on them 'A loving son, brother and friend, who will hold onto your heart forever.' He would always joke about it.

"Whenever I die, I want these words on my stone, 'Here lies the soul of the greatest lover the mankind has seen.' " He would say laughing, to always receive a smack from me and others. No matter how many years pass by or how much my life has moved on, he would always remain in my heart. I has been ten years since Nathan left me and everyone else.

My fingers trace around the necklace on my neck. The same one that Adam found. I take the spherical pendant in my hand, and open it to take out that small piece of paper that he kept for me. 'I will love you forever and always' scribbled in his messy handwriting.

Strong hands wrap around my waist and turn around to look in the green eyes of the man whom I have been married to for past six years and wish to always remain together for the coming years.

"Do you want to stay more or should we go?" He ask looking at my face.

"Yeah, we should go. I am done." I say, smiling at him.

Every year on Nathan's death anniversary, Adam would bring me to his grave at leave me alone. I remember the first time, he brought me here. Ever since Nathan died, I had never been to see him. I just couldn't let myself go through all the pain. Adam just called me and told me that he was coming to pick me up. I had no idea about where we were going or were about to do. I kept asking him but he refused to tell me.

Then his car stopped at the graveyard and I felt a chill run through me. I couldn't bring my feet to walk to his grave. I remember feeling wrecked, seeing his grave for the first time. I cried and cried on my knees, saying things to him, asking him why he left me. Adam just held me in his arms until I stopped crying. I introduced him to Nathan. It was like Adam was breaking all my walls down and finally I was letting him.

His lips capture mine for a quick kiss before moving away. He takes my hand in his and we make our way out of the cemetery. My hands unconsciously reach out to trace the faint lines of scar on his forehead.

"It doesn't hurt me anymore, you know. It's been years." He takes my hand in his before kissing the back of it.

The day still imprints on my mind when Adam came to meet me, climbing up through the pipes. I ran away on my own will but as soon as I got away, feeling of emptiness surrounded me. And seeing Adam in front of me, smiling cheekily at me, I couldn't stop the feelings coming over. 

When I saw him lying unconscious on the road with the pool of blood around him, I couldn't help but blame myself again for that happened. If it was not for the necklace, he wouldn't have turned back and got hit.