Chapter-4 Psycho Stalker and Serial Killer

Edited 05/08/2017**************

Edited 05/08/2017
**************

I was standing by my locker to get my notebooks for English along with my assignment binder. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Samantha and Jessica standing with Anna as she was putting some things in the locker, not too far away from me. They were all laughing at something.

I saw Jessica say something to Anna to which she laughed. Her laughter was clear enough for me to hear. There was this melody in her laugh as if it had a soothing power to it. It was music to my ears. Something inside me moved and the strange thing is I felt myself smiling to her laughter. What I am even thinking???

Samantha saw me looking in their direction. She waved me and started walking towards me.

"Hey Adam.!!! Did you have fun walking home yesterday and building that player's body of yours?" she laughed. Jessica was laughing behind her. Oh! They were talking about my misery!!!!

"Shut up, Samantha. I am not in mood for that. I will get back you. You just wait and watch." I said walking away.

I entered the class and took a seat in the front near the window. Anna entered shortly after, with Ryder. Ryder took the seat behind me and gestured Anna to take the empty seat beside me. She looked hesitated for a moment. Her eyes kept flickering between the empty seat and me as if debating whether she should sit beside me or not.

"It is okay, Ryder. I will just sit somewhere else. Maybe try befriending some girls from class." She turned away. But stopped in mid-way.

Turning back, she smiled at Ryder and said, "But thanks for asking." As soon as her eyes shifted to me and caught me staring, her smile turned into a straight line. What is the problem with her? Is there something on my face? This girl sparks my curiosity. She took a seat next to a girl named Melissa who smiled at her, happy to be sharing a seat with her.

It seems Anna is comfortable talking with everybody else around in the school except me. She talks and laugh with Greg, Jessica, Samantha and even laughs at Ryder's stupid jokes. But as soon as she sees me, her whole body goes rigid. It has been two weeks since she moved here. There is something I can't clearly pinpoint for the reason of the sudden change in her attitude when she sees me.

"Hey, Anna. Wait up!" I called her before she could leave the classroom.

"Oh! Adam. Is there something, I can help you with?" She asked me avoiding my eyes. Every girl in this school loves my eyes and she avoids to look in them. That's a blow to my charming personality.

"Well, Greg is out of town with mom and dad. He usually helps me with physics. But since he is not here, I thought you could help me with some of my questions. Greg told me you are smarter than him." I said. Okay, maybe I am lying a little bit here. I can easily facetime him and ask him or wait for him to return tomorrow but I think if she agrees to this, maybe I can find out about her creepy behaviour towards me.