Chapter-18 Not A Shawn Mendes Song!!!

A/N: Long time, people! Happy to see me

A/N: Long time, people! Happy to see me. I know you are. Sorry, I had some issues with the internet but anyway now it's all fine. So, dedicated to @ninyatippett. I finished reading her story 'The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield'. Awesome book. Amazing Characters. *swooning over Brandon and cursing I am not a fictional character*. Anyway, If you haven't read it already, go and check that out.. Also, I want suggestion for the cast and I am looking for a new cover. If you guys can help, message me. until then, keep reading!!

P.S. happy twentieth anniversary to Harry Potter for making our childhood fantastic. It made me believe that we all have magic in us. Comment below to show your love HP fans. Tell me your best memory of HP or your favourite line, scene anything. Obviously, this calls for a week's celebration... show your love....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As Greg said, Mr. Fletcher didn't come today and we had a free period. Test was cancelled. Everyone was wandering away. Some were in school garden, some sneaked up on the roof. The guys went to play football. Some sneaked out of the building to go to their favourite eat-out place. I was wandering in the hallway because I wanted the solitude and quiet to think over Anna's situations. I got some explanations and theories but I didn't want some of them to be true.

I heard the piano playing from the music room. But Mr. Johnson, don't come on Fridays. He runs his own music classes during weekends. Must be someone practicing, for an upcoming competition or something. I realised the song as 'All of me' by John Legend. Whoever was inside, was doing a good job. I won't say excellent but it was fairly good. I decided to take a look at whoever was inside.

I opened the door a little and saw Anna. I blinked twice to confirm what I saw. Indeed, it was Anna who was playing the piano. She hasn't noticed me yet. I stood at the door listening. I decided to move a little closer to listen properly but in the process, I rammed into some desks. They screeched on the floor and I couldn't hear the music playing anymore.

"ah... I am sorry. Didn't mean to sneak on you and disturbing you too." I said, feeling embarrassed.

"it's fine." She smiled at me. "Was it okay?" she asked me.

"what was okay?"

"the piano. Not played in months. So was it okay? Did I play right? You play yourself, so you would know." She looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"you were excellent." I said, even when some notes were missed but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. "you are bad at lying. I know it was not that good. I don't know that much of piano." She said, her fingers grazing over the keys lightly.

I sat on a stool beside her and she looked at me. "well, there were some notes missing but it wasn't bad. Some technicalities and all. Comes with practice, you know." I said to her. I have been playing since I was five and mom taught me.

"It's my favourite tune. Do you know, how to play it?" She asked me, still looking at piano.

"oh yes, it is All of me. I know it. Played it many times." I turned the stool to face the piano.

"Shall I?"

"please." She smiled at me and motioned towards the piano. I started to play the tune. She placed her face in her arms and closed her eyes, listening. I could hear her humming the tune. She had an expressionless face that I couldn't decipher. I finished playing and stopped. Anna still had her eyes closed. She opened them and looked at me. Her face softened and she moved closer to me. It looked as if she was studying my face. She whispered to herself, "Just like him."

I knew she was talking about the boy; I saw in that photograph. Maybe I can ask her about him. I will know who he is and all my worries will be gone. "Anna." But I never got to finish that sentence. Her lips were on mine and her hand moved on my neck. I was shocked that she made a move and kissed me but soon I was kissing her back rather than making a complete fool of myself. I held her by her waist and moved closer. I don't know how to describe what I felt, I was never good with words but it was the best I have ever felt. It was like the most contented feeling in the world and I would rather be here than any other place in the world.

Soon she broke apart with a horror-struck face. "I shouldn't have done it. Why on the earth did, I do it? Adam, forget it ever happened." She started to leave but I grabbed her arm.

"not this time. you were fine ten seconds ago. I mean, we were fine. We kissed and now you are saying as if we committed a crime. What happened?" I asked her. She isn't making sense to me.

"Nothing. Nothing should have happened in the first place. I was a stupid to play piano. To come here. To think I could leave everything behind." She was sobbing, tears spilling down. "I cannot do this. I should not do this. I am sorry." She was muttering to herself.

"Anna." I cupped her face in my hand. "what's wrong?" I asked in a calm voice. However, I already knew the answer. She looked at me for a moment and then shrugged my hand off. "he was right; I am doing wrong." She turned and started to leave. I cannot watch her leave like this. I want her to confront me and tell me.

"Is it about that guy?" I said out loud.

She turned around and looked at me. "Why don't you tell me? is it about that guy, in that picture who got green eyes like me? no wonder, you avoid my eyes." my voice has raised. She looked at her feet and whispered, "yes. Only about him."

"you still love him. Don't you?" I took a step forward. "will always do." She lifted her head. But this time, there were no tears.

"but why? Why are you still in love with someone who left you broken? Someone who mistreated you. Someone like him doesn't deserve you. He was ass to leave you."

"stop! Please stop." She said in a low voice. But I am not going to stop. I have to make her realize that a guy like him doesn't deserve her. she needs someone better.

"I am not going to stop. Since someone without a right mind and eyes, could not see the good in you; it doesn't mean you stop seeing the good in yourself. That guy left you, I don't know, maybe cheated you. But all I know, is that he made your life a miserable living hell. You are afraid of rain and if my guess is not wrong, maybe piano too. What are the more things you are afraid of, Anna because of him? Your life doesn't end here, Anna. You are special, you are made to be loved, to be cherished by someone. Just because I look similar like him, doesn't mean I am going to be same as him. A bastard, douchebag asshole. You need someone to treat you better."

But I had to stop in between my talk. Not because, I wanted to. Not because, Anna was convinced. But because, her hand came in air and slapped me right across my face. There was anger and fury in her eyes. "This is not a Shawn Mendes song. you don't know anything. ANYTHING. It is worse." She shouted.

"so, tell me." I growled. I was angry myself. More like feeling frustrated and pathetic. I am in love with a girl but I can't have her. because she can't put her faith and trust in me because some moron ruined it for her.

"you already have created you own version of my life story. You don't deserve to know. Adam Jordon Parker, you think you know all. You think whatever you concluded by seeing is all true. Maybe all this time it had been. But this time, it is not. You are wrong. About everything. I don't need someone like you to fix me. you are wrong, Adam." She turned the door knob to leave.

"tell me, if I am wrong about this too. Daniel is not your father. He adopted you. Am I wrong about this also? I told you I am never wrong." I said through gritted teeth.

"maybe he is not my biological father, but he is my father. Same as my real dad had been. And you know, he told me, I should be away from you. It not good for us. But I didn't listened. See now, he was right after all." With those words, she left. There was rage fuming inside me, with every word she said. In my mind was only one place, I had to go and one person I want to shout at.