Chapter- 20 Need To Stop Jumping To Conclusions!!!!

It was Anna, standing with the same guy

It was Anna, standing with the same guy. The same heartless bastard who tore her apart. They were dancing together, looking happy. I felt my anger rising again.

"see, it's her. She was Nathan's girlfriend. Both were mad for each other. Until." She stopped.

"until that ass ditched her and broke her heart, leaving her fragile heart. Isn't it Amanda?" I said, flipping over the pages.

"what are you saying?" she looked at me confused.

"This guy is the reason that Anna doesn't trust me enough. We look a little similar. We both have green eyes. I will fucking find this Nathan guy and then kill him." I saw another photo. There were many people sitting on a table, including them and there was Amanda too. Anna and Nathan were kissing. He had his filthy hands wrapped around her torso. Unaware of how that guy really is, Anna was smiling in kiss. Oh! Anna, you trusted a wrong person before but it doesn't mean that everyone is wrong...

"Adam." I heard Amanda speaking in a low voice. "I don't know who gave you that idea but you cannot kill someone who is already dead." She said slowly. I turned around to look at her. I think, I even sprained my neck in the process.

"Wait, I think I heard incorrect. Maybe, there is a defect in my ear. Could you please repeat, what you said?" I said, rubbing my fingers in my ear to clean them.

"No, you heard absolutely correct. Nathan Wilson is no more. And he wasn't any of the things you said. As far as I knew him, he was that fictional guy whom you want to come to life and to be with." Her voice cracking up.

"This photograph is of his last birthday. We know his family, Wilson group of restaurants. Great people, I tell you. He was with Anna everywhere. He was introducing her to everybody. Girls were swooning over him but his eyes were only on her. I remember when I was talking to him, I saw a ring on his finger with an A written and Anna had a ring with a N on it. It was like, they had already decided to spend forever together but fate was not on their side." A tear rolled down her cheek as she slumped on the chair. Greg went to sit beside him and kept rubbing her back to calm her down. He intertwined his hand in hers, as she continued.

"I don't know much but I remember I saw her on his funeral. She was broken and traumatised. She was holding on to him. Begging him to stop whatever prank, he was playing. Wouldn't let people to close the coffin. It was not a pretty sight to see. I cried seeing her like that. I can't believe, I couldn't recognise her." She was crying on Greg's shoulder.

It felt as if the earth below my feet had suddenly vanished and I was falling down and down. Anna had been through so much and all I did was, making her remind all that. I said things about Nathan without knowing anything. I feel so stupid. I feel like shit. And I said all those things to Daniel. Oh god! What did I do?

"dude! You messed up. You said the wrong things to her." Greg said, still holding Amanda.

I sighed, rubbing my face. "I know. What should I do?" I don't know, how to correct things.

"Go to her and let your heart do the talking." Amanda looked at me and motioned towards the door.

I sped through the door and into my car. I drove all the way to her house and kept thinking in my mind about what should I say. I don't want to speak some shit again, making this situation worse that it already is.

I rapped on the door hard for the fourth time. No one is answering. "Anna, please! Just let me in. I wanna talk to you." I knocked harder this time. "I will not leave until you listen." I sat down on the porch. There seem to be no movement inside as if no one is there.

I have been sitting on her door for two hours and there is no sign of her. Maybe nobody's home. I will wait for them to come. I saw a car being parked next to mine. I stood up, hoping it would be her. I saw Mr. Davidson coming out of the car. As soon as, he saw me, he stopped and walked towards me.

"Adam, what are you doing here?" he asked me.

"I am waiting for Mr. Hemsworth and his daughter Anna. I need to talk to them. It's important." I told him, looking at the road for any kind of sign to tell me they are coming soon.

"I am afraid that they are not coming. You should be leaving home." He told me and took out a board from his backseat.

"what do you mean by that? why aren't they coming and what is that?" I said, pointing to the board.

"it is a 'FOR SALE' sign for that house. Mr. Hemsworth have moved out. If whatever you want to talk, is so much important, why don't you just call them." he said hanging the sign on the wall. "will ask someone to nail it tomorrow." He said inspecting the sign.

They moved out. How could they? How? When? My fault! I know it is. I was so deep in my thought that I didn't hear what Mr. Davidson was saying and just nodded. I got into my car and looked for my phone. Damnit! Where did I put it? I looked everywhere. I lost my phone. Epic!

I drove to the house quickly, so that I could use the landline for calling or maybe Greg's phone. I parked in the driveway. Greg opened the door quickly.

"I heard you pull in. So, did something work? How did it go?" he asked me.

"they moved out."

"what?"

"They left. Moved out. I need your phone. I need to call her." I said him.

"take your phone. You left it at Amy's house." He took out my phone from his pocket and placed it in my hand. I need to stop jumping to conclusions by myself, I guess. I called her number but her phone was off. I should call Daniel's number. Maybe mom will have it.

I rushed downstairs into her room. She wasn't there. "mom!" I called her.

"she is in her work room." Greg told me. Her work room was for meant for her fashion designing work. There were fabrics, machines and mannequins. It was made soundproof, so she doesn't get disturbed. I knocked on the door and she opened it.

"Adam, you are home. I didn't realise, I have been working so late." She switched off the lights and closed the door.

"mom, I want Mr. Hemsworth's number." I told her.

"what happened?" she asked, looking at me.

"I will tell you later. Do you have it?"

"Maybe. Jordon saves the number in my phone sometimes of his fellow doctors. Let me see." She took out her phone and dialled a number, giving it to me.

"Talk to him while I start preparing for dinner." She said and disappeared into the kitchen. I called his number and it was also switched-off. Where did they disappear? I went into the kitchen to give mom her phone back.

"you did a quick chat." She smiled at me.

"his number is off." I told her.

"Oh! Adam. Someone left this for you on the door." She handed me an envelope with my name on it. I looked at it and I knew by the handwriting that it was from Anna. I went into my room and opened it. What I read, broke me. I don't know for how much time I cried clutching that letter on the floor.

A/N: Hello wattpaders!!!!! So, the secret is revealed. Shootout to @Blackwood91 because she guessed right. *claps and applause*. It broke my heart while I was writing it. Tell me what do you guys think! What do you think of Adam, judging things so quickly? Please vote and comment.

P.S. suggest me cast please!!!!

P.P.S last date to enter into watty's is Aug 1. Have you entered yet.???? Do it soon!! Happy reading!!! Also, congrats to @KaPowQueen for reaching 1k reads.!!!!

Question- share your favourite dialogue from harry potter!! <3