Chapter- 9 Sam, Cookies and Being High!!!

Edited 15-08-2017*******************

Edited 15-08-2017
*******************

It is lunch time and we are all sitting on the table with our trays in front of us. We haven't seen Ryder and Jessica till now. We don't know, if they made up or things went worse, for which I don't hope.

"Did you hear from them?" Anna asked Samantha.

"No! God only knows where they are." Samantha said looking at her phone. Just then, Ryder entered holding Jessica by her waist and kissing her. They made up, thank goodness. I had enough drama!!!

Jessica let herself go from his hold and ran towards the table, giving a hug to Anna. "Thank you so much, Anna for knocking some sense in us." She said after letting her go.

"Yes, thank you so much Anna. I couldn't think of losing her." Ryder said taking a seat on the table.

"I am glad; I could be useful." She said smiling. "So, you are some love expert or something." Greg asked her.

"Yeah! He needs advice on Amanda." Samantha teased him, wiggling her brows to which he scowled.

"I guess, I just said the right thing at the right time." she said chuckling.

"Things like this can only be said when you love someone." I said looking at her. She stiffens at my words but instantly her shoulder relaxed and she said to me, "No, I am just too much into sappy romantic books and movies." She told laughing but there was something off about her laugh. I didn't push her more and just ate my lunch.

"So, Anna, you are coming to my party right. Don't say no, please. I beg you, my cupid." Ryder said, faking the pose to her.

"Sorry! I told you I don't go parties." I could see her eyes glistening with tears. She stood abruptly.

"I have to go guys. I have to return some books to library." Her voice cracking. What happened in a flash of a second? She rushed out of the cafeteria.

"Guys, I will meet you in class. I have to go to coach." I said picking my bag and went after Anna. Where did she go? I saw her going to the back of the school. It is not used to much. No one comes here; it is covered with grass and trees. I followed her.

"Why are you following me?" She asked turning towards me. There were tears flowing from her eyes which she kept wiping away.

"I saw the tears in your eyes. Wanted to see if you are okay." I said making my way to her.

"I am okay. Now you can go." She said sitting on the grass under a tree. Her voice void of any emotions.

"Doesn't look like." I said sitting beside her. She was looking at the sky. "Will you tell me or just stay silent?" I asked searching her face for any emotion which can giveaway something about what she is thinking.

"I am just emotional. I remembered about a story that I read with a sad ending, that's it." But reason isn't convincing to me.

"Okay! So now, will you tell me the real reason or not?" I asked her. She looked at me, her lips into a straight line and tears never stopping from her eyes.